Create with Connie & Mary have another fun Challenge this week with a great Card Sketch! I really had fun creating this card and using the new Chalkboard paper – Totally awesome and fun to use! Unfortunately, while creating this card I did discover I had a defective punch so that idea couldn't be implemented but when I get my replacement punch I'm going to make a second card with this sketch!
Chalkboard Paper Happy Birthday
Birthday Cards are always great to have on hand because you never know when you'll need one on short notice for a new friend, coworker or one of your kids friends. This card might actually be for me as it will be going into my Birthday Card stash that I keep on hand for my husband to use when he needs a card – Our form of shopping "Hallmark" for cards!
- This is the first time I've used the Chalkboard Paper and the ColorBox Chalk Ink. I love how the chalk ink stands out so nicely on the chalkboard paper which definitely compliments and helps the bold colors of the card pop!
- Chalkboard Paper is lots of fun to work with and helps create a bold statement mixed with bold colors.
- The top portion of the card front is Melon Mambo embossed using the Lucky Stars Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- To separate the Melon Mambo and Chalkboard Paper, I added the Daffodil Delight 1/4" Cotton Ribbon.
- I used the "Be A Star" stamp set with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink. The star really pops and adds a nice bold statement that contrasts nicely against the Chalkboard Paper and the Melon Mambo Card stock.
- The Daffodil Delight Candy Dots add just the perfect touch… When I look at the candy dots on this card, it just makes me think of a shooting star!
- Based on the sketch, the angled line really creates an interesting design especially with a simpler card. Here is the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary! Click here to visit the Challenge and see what the Design Team members created… They have some great card samples.
To purchase the products to created this fun and beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, you can find the supply list with product numbers listed at the end of this post.
I invite you to pin any of my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery.
Do you enjoy making similar handcrafted items? Not a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator? DO you enjoy FREE products? Join Stampin’ Up! and my Sunny Crafting Crew now. It is a great time to become a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. To sign up as a demonstrator and join my team, click HERE!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!