Paper Pumpkin had a special March birthday surprise. There was a lovely kit that contained a free stamp set to celebrate Paper Pumpkins sixth birthday. The kit has the products for you to create some beautiful birthday cards. Take a look at the video below and see what the surprise was for subscribers in March. If you are not a subscriber, you can sign up here to receive Aprils Distinktive kit. Stay tuned…
If you want to sign up today, April will be a very special kit. You can see the options below.
The prepaid options are a great way to save money. Also, when you sign up with a 3, 6, or 12 month pre-paid subscription during Sale-a-Bration and enjoy your FREE SAB product. But you only have through March 31st because that’s when Sale-a-Bration is over.
The deadline for signing up for any Paper Pumpkin kit is the 10th of every month, so if you want to get started on Paper Pumpkin in April, sign up for Paper Pumpkin here today. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
It may not feel like spring is in the air but Springtime has arrived with a floral thank you card. Spring is about new growth as the trees start to bud and flowers start to show their splendor. This is my favorite time of the year even as my allergies start to go wonky. So, join me in celebrating the arrival of spring with the Third Thursday Blog Hop.
Spring has Sprung
Springy Floral Thank You Card
Florals are always popular and today’s card features the Needle & Thread Stamp Set which is unique as it features cross-stitch patterns. I wanted a quick card so I’ve used a classic layout to create a clean and simple, yet elegant Thank You Card. From a strip of the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper and a small pop of Berry Burst card stock to the crisp Whisper White, I was able to create this card fairly quickly.
I sometimes have a tendency to over think my designs. The ideas float around in my head and I love to experiment but new designs can take me hours to create. Meanwhile, I know sticking to a tried and true layout will get the job done. How about you? Do you have a tried and true layout that you love to use?
Needle & Thread Springy Floral Thank You Card
As my style has evolved over the years, I find myself drawn to clean, crisp lines and especially a Whisper White card base. The Thick Whisper White is such an amazingly awesome product! It’s sturdy! I’m also a fan of using the Stampin’ Dimensionals to create multiple layers that “POP” and show depth. If there is one thing I can tell you and that I hope you’ll take away from this post is that you NOT be afraid to use multiple layers of Stampin’ Dimensionals on your projects. This thank you card easily features FOUR… Yes, 4 layers of Stampin’ Dimensionals!
SunnyGirlScraps Tips & Project Details:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White! Trimmed to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- Adhere a 5 1/2″ by 1″ strip of the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper to the left edge of the card base. I prefer using the Tombo Multipurpose glue so I can slide it around so it is up against the edge.
- I cut a card front measuring 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and adhered a 5 1/2″ x 1/2″ strip of Berry Burst card stock to the backside of the Whisper White which is then adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp Large flower with Flirty Flamingo ink.
- I then stamped the leafy background with Old Olive Ink.
- Die cut each piece out using the Needlepoint Elements Framelits.
- I stamped the Thank You sentiment with Tranquil Tide and hand cut the strips.
- To the back of the leafy background, I added the Rose Metallic Thread then adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Now, I adhered the flower to the leafy background with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I’ve attached the sentiment to the flower using the Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I finish the card by adding some Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.
Blog Hop Continued…
To continue with the next blog on the Third Thursday Blog Hop, you’ll want to visit Kim Morris! I’m certain you’ll enjoy the projects she has to share with you! To view her blog, you can click on her name or on the Next Button below.
The Humming Along Bundle is another stamp set along with coordinating framelits that I demonstrated at the Stampin’ Up! 30th Anniversary OnStage celebration. I love the hummingbird in this stamp set. Today’s Paper Craft Crew Sketch is perfect for the Humming Along stamp set. I honestly couldn’t decide at first between the hummingbird or flower but decided to go with the hummingbird as it’s a “non-traditional” approach to this sketch. My thought process is that a lot of people would gravitate towards floral type sets with this sketch.
So, enjoy my Humming Along Thank You card and I invite you to play along with the Paper Craft Crew Challenge, click HERE! You’ll also find additional inspiration from the design team. The Challenge ends on Tuesday, March 26, 2019, at 1:00 PM EST.
Humming Along Thank You Card
I don’t do a lot of heat embossing but this week’s Sketch just begs for it! One of my favorite looks is the contrast of a white heat embossed image against a dark background. For this weeks card, I actually heat embossed three different elements! The embossing powder and heat tool were there so I figured “why not!”
Do you enjoy heat embossing? I would love to hear if you do or don’t like heat embossing!
Humming Along Card Details
- The card base is Thick Whisper White measure 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- I adhered a 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ piece of the Tranquil Textures Designer Series Paper along the bottom edge.
- I’ve cut a 4 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ piece of Night of Navy then stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- I adhered the Night of Navy with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card base.
- The Heartfelt sentiment is stamped on Tranquil Tide cardstock with versamark and also heat embossed.
- Then, I stamped the Thanks on Mint Macaron with versamark and heat embossed again.
- I used the Banner Framelits to die cut the “Heartfelt” sentiment.
- The “Thanks” is die cut using the Stitched Labels Framelits.
- I’ve also die cut a small Gray Granite Stitched Circle.
- On the backside of the stitched circle, I added Silver Metallic Thread.
- Then I adhered the “Heartfelt” sentiment to the stitched circle with snail adhesive.
- I adhered the “Thanks” using Stampin’ Dimensionals and angled it slightly over the “Heartfelt” banner.
- The sentiment embellishment is now adhered to the card front using more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I finished the card by adding Basic Pearls.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
This week is a sketch challenge for Paper Craft Crew Challenge 330. I encourage you to play along and create a project inspired by the sketch. Remember, challenges are a fun way to help get your creative juices flowing. Whenever I’m struggling with my creativity, taking a look and following a sketch helps me immensely.
So, I encourage you to play along with the challenge. Create a project then post to your blog or your social media venue of choice. Once posted, add the link to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
To help you find additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples.
Less than 2 WEEKS to SHOP during Sale-A-Bration!
- Order 24/7… Place your order now! Click HERE!
- Purchase products shared today by clicking on the items below or by visiting my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store.
- Don’t forget, if ordering less than $150.00 then use the monthly Hostess Code:
EEK… Time is RUNNING out! Join Today to get the amazing TOTE!…
THE ULTIMATE STAMPIN’ BUNDLE!
And, during Sale-A-Bration, IT IS EVEN BETTER! Chose from TWO awesome offers that are hard to resist! This is definitely the best bundle and value of Stampin’ Up! products you can get! Check out the details:
- $50 FREE PRODUCT BONUS! It’s only available for a short time DURING SALE-A-BRATION (Jan. 3 – March 31).
- There are two ways to purchase the Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up during Sale-A-Bration!
- Option A ($50 Stampin’ Up! product bonus): Choose up to $175 in product for $99 (that’s $76 in FREE product) and it ships FREE for another 10% savings! Excludes Host sets and Sale-A-Bration gifts.
- Option B ($50 Stampin’ Up! product bonus with craft tote): Choose up to $175 in product for $129 (that’s $76 in FREE product) and it ships FREE for another 10% savings. This kit option includes a beautiful Craft & Carry Tote Bag valued at $50. t is perfect for on-the-go crafting. And, you save $20 on the tote bag as part of the kit. Excludes Host sets and Sale-A-Bration gifts.
- Check out this video of the Craft & Carry Tote Bag as George shares a close-up look of all its features! For a close up look at the Craft & Carry Tote, check out this brochure.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!