It’s time for a new SUOC Challenge using our Favorite Holiday Colors as I feature a handmade card using the Night in Bethlehem Bundle. This is my favorite season and I love creating Christmas Cards. Personally, I’m partial to Christmas Cards featuring any shade of blue. In fact, I had a hard time choosing which card I wanted to use for this challenge as I have a couple of Christmas Cards with Night of Navy as well as this card using the Soft Sky. Ultimate, the Soft Sky won my internal debate.
Yes, today is the start of a NEW Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge. The theme is Favorite Holiday Colors. You are invited to play along using Stampin’ Up! Only products. Also, don’t forget to visit the challenge blog to see the other design team submissions for additional inspiration. The challenge starts today and ends at 6:00 AM EST on Friday, December 15th.
Night of Bethlehem Bundle
Night of Bethlehem Favorite Holiday Colors
Various shades of blue are definitely favorite holiday colors for me. I love the Soft Sky used in this card with some Crumb Cake and Basic Grey. A Soft Sky background sponged helps create a beautiful background to highlight Bethlehem. I love the soft feel. So, what is your favorite holiday colors?
Of course, the card needed a little sparkle! My latest obsession is using the mini-sequins along with metallic thread on my cards. You’ll notice in the background behind Bethlehem that I’ve used Gold Metallic Thread and the Gold Mini-Sequins for a little splash of sparkle and shine. Oh, and the addition of Rhinestones completes the shine!
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Thick Whisper White Card Stock for the win! I can’t say it enough but YOU need the Thick Whisper White.
- Base layer is Soft Sky with a Whisper White top layer.
- The Whisper White top layer is sponged using Soft Sky then I stamped the star using Soft Sky stamped off once on a scratch piece of paper.
- Bethlehem is die cut from Crumb Cake Card Stock by using the Bethlehem Edgelits. To fit on the card, approx. one inch from the right edge of Bethlehem.
- Layered behind the silhouette of Bethlehem are Gold Mini Sequins and Gold Metallic Thread.
- Mary and Joseph are stamped with Basic Grey ink then die cut using the Bethlehem Edgelits.
- Along the bottom right edge, the sentiment is stamped using the Basic Grey Ink.
- The finishing touch is the addition of three Rhinestones.
- Shop Now! To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: 7RYEB37J
- Project Supply List! Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!