I love the Love You Lots Hostess Stamp Set from the NEW 2016-2017 Stampin’ Up! Catalog. How can you not fall in love with adorable hedgehogs, elephant, lady bugs and a sweet frog! Today is the first day of June which means the NEW Stampin’ Up! Catalog is now LIVE! Yep, it is time for some awesome NEW products. Contact me to plan your workshop today.
Now it is also Wednesday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Card Sketch Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, June 7, 2016 @ 11:55 PM EDT.
Paper Craft Crew
Card Sketch #197
The first day of June is a BIG day over for the Stampin’ Up! family as the new Stampin’ Up! Catalog goes LIVE. I’ve been working hard preparing for my Catalog Launch party. Last night was my first “open house” and I have another “open house” on Saturday. In honor of our new Pop of Paradise Stamp Set, the theme for my Catalog Launch party is Flip Flops & Flamingos. Anyone that brings a flamingo and wears Flip Flops receives a small gift.
As part of my preparations for the catalog launch party, I’ve been making new samples and today I have a card created for Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 197. The hedge hogs from the Love You Lots Hostess Stamp Set are so sweet and adorable. This card reflects a combination of products that are new and old found in the 2016-2017 Stampin’ Up! Catalog. There is just so much to love about the new catalog… So, have I raved about it enough yet? Yeah, I’m head over heals in LOVE with this new catalog. I get excited each year about the new catalog but this one is definitely a notch above and totally AMAZING! If you don’t have a catalog, PLEASE click HERE to request your catalog today!
- Using Basic Gray Archival Ink, stamp the hedge hogs from the Love You Lots Hostess Stamp Set on a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 1 3/4″ x 3 3/4″.
- Cut two strips of Designer Series Paper measuring 1 7/8″ by 4 1/4″. I used the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper and the Melon Mambo from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack. To distress the edges of the Designer Series Paper, I used the edge of my paper snips.
- On the base layer of Whisper White card stock, use the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set to stamp a background with the Melon Mambo classic ink.
- Attach the layers of Designer Series Paper with each layer angled on the Whisper White card base then attach the stamped layer.
- Stamp the “Hello” from the Pop of Paradise Stamp Set using either Basic Black Archival Ink or the Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Punch out the “Hello” using the 1 1/4″ Circle Punch.
- Randomly attach Silver Metallic Thread behind the “Hello” and attach to the card front.
- Adhere the card front to a layer of Melon Mambo card stock and attach to your card base.
- Finish the card by adding some bling! I’ve used three Rhinestone Basic Jewels for just the right amount of added sparkle.
Here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
I’m actively building my Stampin’ Up! team and invite you to join the Stunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!