I love the new Pun Intended Hostess Stamp Set! The puns are so “Punny” and remember it’s Sunday so you know what that means… I’m over at the Can You Case It? Challenge Blog for the Weekly Challenge! Check out this weeks color challenge as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, June 10th @ Noon PST.
Can You Case It?
Color Challenge CYCI#123
Confession time… I’m REALLY behind on sending out birthday cards for the #imbringingbirthdaysback and part of the problem is that I ran out of birthday cards so I’ve been trying to mass produce cards quick. I’m sharing one of the cards that I’ve created that uses up my Designer Series Paper Stack featuring the Pun Intended Hostess Stamp Set from the NEW 2016-2017 Stampin’ Up! Catalog. As a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, we are allowed to purchase Hostess Stamp Sets during the preorder period. Normally, I do NOT purchase hostess sets since I know I’ll “earn” them on my first order over $150.00 but this time I made an exception not for just ONE hostess set but for TWO hostess sets. I just had to have the Pun Intended and Love You Lots Hostess Stamp Sets.
Did you know that during the month of JUNE, when you hostess a workshop or have an online workshop with sales over $350.00 you’ll receive extra rewards! Yes, you’ll receive $35.00 for a base minimum of $77.00 in hostess rewards which is an awesome deal.
Is it time yet for this weeks CYCI Color Challenge card? Why, yes, I believe it is and here is my card featuring the Pun Intended Stamp Set using Cherry Cobbler, Dapper Denim and Whisper White for a very snappy birthday! This card would be GREAT if you know anyone that celebrates their birthday around the 4th of July.
- Stamp the camera image from the Pun Intended Hostess Stamp Set using Dapper Denim Classic Ink.
- Using the Layering Square Framelits, cut out the camera image
- Again, using the Layering Square Framelits, cut out a scalloped square from a piece of Dapper Denim card stock then layer the camera image over the scalloped square.
- Cut two pieces of Cherry Cobbler Designer Series Paper Stack to 3 1/8 x 4 3/8″ then curl the edges and adhere to a background layer of Whisper White card stock angling each piece slightly.
- Using the Perpetual Birthday Calendar Stamp Set, on a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 2 3/4″ x 4″ stamp the background images with Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink and the Dapper Denim Classic Ink.
- Layer the stamped Whisper White layer on the Cherry Cobbler Designer Series Paper Stack layers. Add the Pun Intended camera layer.
- Stamp the “Snappy Birthday” from the Pun Intended Hostess Stamp Set with Dapper Denim on a strip of Whisper White card stock. Use the Banner Triple Punch to create the “fish tail” then curve the banner with a Bone Folder. To help “pop up” a portion I use a Stampin’ Dimensional on the “hump.”
- As a finishing touch, I added a Classy Designer Button tied with a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine.
This is the Can You Case It? color challenge #123. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not visit Can You Case It?, create a card inspired by this weeks Color Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!