Welcome to this months NC Demos Blog Tour! On the last SUNDAY of each month starting at 8 PM EST, we feature a new theme. We invite you to also check out our Pinterest Pages to see additional ideas so you definitely want to “Like” my Pinterest Page.
This months theme is Any Thing Goes – New Catalog Sneak Peek! So, welcome to the May 2016 NC Demos Blog Hop!
NC Demos Blog Hop
Pun Intended Hostess Stamp Set
I am so excited about the 2016–2017 Stampin’ Up! Catalog! This is one of THE best catalogs in a long time. There is so much great variety, amazing coordinating products and bundles along with some really great Hostess Sets. One of my favorite hostess sets is the Pun Intended Hostess Stamp Set. You’ll find some fun puns in the Pun Intended Hostess Set along with coordinating images. As a photographer the camera image in this stamp set is one of my favorites.
Project #1 – You Light Up My Life Card
This is a fun card featuring the antique style lightbulbs with the phrase “You Light Up My Life.” Check out the awesome detail on the lightbulbs with the “heart and love” as the filament of the bulb? Is that not cool! To get this stamp set you need to hostess a workshop and have $150.00 in sales or just purchase $150.00 yourself then get this set as part of your Hostess Rewards! Honestly, you don’t want to miss out on this stamp set. Remember, hostess sets are only around for ONE year!
Here is the You Light Up My Life card recipe:
- Stamp the lightbulb image twice on the Whisper White card front layer.
- Using Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker, trace the outline of the heart and love.
- Attache the card front to the Peekaboo Peach card stock.
- Punch a circle out of Peekaboo Peach card stock using the 1 1/4″ Circle Punch and attach Silver Metallic Thread to the back of the circle. I use glue dots on the back of the circle then keep wrapping the Silver Metallic Thread several times.
- Attach the Circle with the Silver Metallic Thread to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment on a thin piece of Whisper White and use the Triple Banner Punch to create the banner then layer on the circle.
- Carefully align the card front and attach to your Thick Whisper White Card Base.
- Don’t forget to stamp the Angel Policy Stamp on the back of the card using the Better than Email Stamp Set.
Project #2 – News Flash Card
As I mentioned, the camera is one of my favorite images of the Pun Intended Stamp Set and I love the sentiment options such as “News Flash, you are awesome” or “Picture Perfect.” The Picture Perfect would be awesome to use in a Project Life Album. Yes, the Pun Intended Stamp Set would be great for Project Life. Numerous possibilities!
News Flash Card Recipe:
- On the Whisper White card front, use Gorgeous Grunge with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink to stamp the background.
- Stamp the Camera from Pun Intended Stamp Set on a piece of Whisper White with the Basic Black Archival Ink.
- Cut out the camera using the Layering Squares Framelits. Also, cut a piece of Dapper Denim using the scallop square that creates a small boarder around your camera layer. Glue them together.
- With Dapper Denim Classic Ink stamp the News Flash sentiment on a strip of whisper white then use the Banner Triple Punch to create a flag. Attach to the back of the Camera layer.
- Attach Camera with the News Flash to the card front.
- Randomly place 3 Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the card front.
- Carefully glue the card front to the Dapper Denim then attach to the Thick Whisper White Card Base.
- Remember… Stamp the Angel Stamp on the back using the Better Than Email stamp set.
I invite you to pin any of my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers! Do you follow me on Pinterest? Click here to follow me on Pinterest!
To continue on with the next blog on the NC Demos Blog Hop, you’ll want to visit Frances Wagner! I’m certain you’ll enjoy the projects she has to share with you! To view her blog, you can click on her name or on the NEXT button.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!