Sailing away with the Swirly Bird Stamp Set and it is a stormy Sunday which means I’m over at the Can You Case It Challenge Blog for the Weekly Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks challenge as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, June 3rd @ Noon PST.
Sailing Swirly Bird on CYCI 122
In honor of the Men and Women that have paid the ultimate sacrifice in service to the United States, please remember that Memorial Weekend is about remembering those that serve. This weekend is often considered the kick-off for the “summer” season such as going to the beach, camping and traveling but we wouldn’t have these same freedoms if it wasn’t for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice of their life for the United States of America. As you are out and about this weekend, please remember the solemn reason for this weekend. God Bless those that gave their life so we have the freedom to enjoy life.
Now, today’s card features a fun Sailboat sailing away with the Swirly Bird Stamp Set on this “stormy” Sunday on Memorial Day Weekend as it’s looking like this is the closest we’ll be to the Atlantic beach with Tropical Storm Bonnie hitting the coast of the Carolina’s! The Swirly Bird Stamp Set is most definitely a fun, versatile and whimsical stamp set. This weeks Can You Case It? Sketch Challenge was perfect for this card. I’ve actually had this design in my head all week and finally found time on Friday to sit down to pull it all together. Isn’t just absolutely adorable and fun with a wavy background using Dapper Denim card stock then the stamped sun in the background highlighting the flag blowing in the “wind” from the mast of the adorable sailboat!
Sailing Swirly Bird Card Recipe
- Create the “wavy” background using the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits and Dapper Denim card stock. Attach to the Whisper White card front using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Stamp the sun using So Saffron Classic Ink and the Swirly Bird Stamp Set.
- Create the sailboat by stamping the base using Marina Mist Classic Ink then I stamped the sail on the left with Dapper Denim and the striped sail with Peekaboo Peach Classic Ink and the flag with the Marina Mist Classic Ink. I’m not usually a big fan of fussy cutting, but this sailboat is really easy to hand cut.
- The “Hello” is die cut using the Hello You Thinlits and Peekaboo Peach card stock. I carefully attached the “hello” using Stampin’ Dimensionals trimmed to fit the hello… This was the trickiest part of making the card!
- Stamp the “friend” from the Thoughtful Banner Stamp Set just under the “hello” with Marina Mist Classic Ink.
- Attach the card front to the Dapper Denim card stock layer then attach that to the Thick Whisper White card base. Don’t forget to stamp the back of your card with the “Angel Policy” Better than Email stamp set!
Here is this weeks Can You Case It? challenge #122 featuring a Sketch. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not visit Can You Case It?, create a card inspired by this weeks Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!