How about some Layering Love on this beautiful Sunday Morning! And, since it is Sunday, you know what that means… I’m over at the Can You Case It? Challenge Blog for the Weekly Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks challenge as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, May 27, 2016 @ Noon PST.
Layering Love Sneak Peek
Color Challenge CYCI#121
The Layering Love Stamp Set is currently available only to Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrators as part of our Pre-order period. I’ll admit that this stamp set didn’t jump out at me in the catalog and had to go back to see where it was located. It actually coordinates with the new Layering Heart Framelits. I really love each of the sentiments and choose the “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.”
I debated between adding flowers or butterflies and ultimately the butterflies won. Flowers would also look amazing on this card. The background was fun to do and I love the effect that I created. Creating a handmade card doesn’t require hours of labor (although those are hours of labor done in love!).
Layering Love Card Recipe
- Ink a Stampin’ Up! block using the So Saffron Classic Ink, add drops of the Gold Wink of Stella to the block, spritz the block with Rubbing Alcohol then press the inked side of the block to your Whisper White card stock!
- Stamp the sentiment from the Layering Love Stamp Set using Perfect Plum Classic Ink on a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 3″ x 1 3/4″ then layer onto a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock.
- Attach Gold Metallic Thread to the back of the sentiment layer.
- Using the Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set, stamp the small butterfly with So Saffron Ink and punch out three stamped butterflies using the Bitty Butterfly Punch. Attach the butterflies to the card front.
- Finish the card by adding Basic Rhinestone Jewels to each butterfly.
Here is this weeks Can You Case It? challenge featuring a Color Challenge. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not visit Can You Case It?, create a card inspired by this weeks Color Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!