This week the Paper Craft Crew has outdone themselves with a challenging color combo! Yes, I was the insane person that came up with this color combo. Since it is Wednesday, you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! This week we have a Color Challenge that is truly a challenge! Come on over and check out the Design Team submissions… They really did ROCK this challenging color combo. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, October 3, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Challenging Color Combo
Paper Craft Crew Color Challenge #261
So, when I first posted this color combination I received some flack from the Paper Craft Crew Design team wondering what I was on. I’ll confess that I WAS on narcotics for pain since I came up with this challenge while recovering from my Appendectomy. In a funky way I really do like this color combination. It feels like FALL with a splash of bright color. You really do need to visit the Paper Craft Crew blog page. I’m going to RAVE about how well the Design Team created some amazing cards.
Merry Cafe paired with Paisleys & Posies Stamp Set
This was NOT the first card that I created for this challenging color combo. It’s actually the second card I created. Come back on Friday to see the first card I created using the Painted Harvest Stamp Set. While I love the first card, this card was different from any of the cards submitted by the design team for the challenge. The idea for this card came to me as I was finishing the first card. My absolute favorite stamp sets at the moment are Coffee Cafe and the Merry Cafe Stamp Sets that coordinate. The last 3 classes I’ve done have used this set in some capacity.
As my idea bloomed within my brain, I had the concept but wasn’t initially certain of what stamp set I would use. The options really were endless but I kept coming back to the Paisleys & Posies Stamp Set which I haven’t used in a very long time. Embossing Paste was perfect for creating background texture. Then, I started stamping! I stamped various colors of the same images so I could play with the color combo as I pulled the card together. My plan was to have a video to share but my phone kept turning off as I was recording. Afterwards, I realized I forgot to turn on the Do Not DISTURB feature which keeps my phone from turning off.
You’ve been waiting… So, here is the challenging color combo! There are lots of options so don’t be afraid to give this challenge a try. Color is in the eye of the beholder. Play around with the colors, add in some metallics. I challenge you to play along with this weeks Color Challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks Color Challenge, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Color Challenge #261 with the Paper Craft Crew. Go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. You’ll truly be inspired and I think just as surprised as I was to see the creativity of the Design Team.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Today, Thick Very Vanilla is my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Cajun Craze.
- On the top Very Vanilla layer, I used the Embossing Paste mixed with Tranquil Tide Reinker and the Pattern Party Decorative Mask.
- The coffee cup is die cut from the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper which features Lemon-Lime Twist to go with the color challenge.
- The Sentiment is stamped with Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla then die cute with the Coffee Cups Framelits.
- Using the Paisleys & Posies Stamp Set and coordinating dies, I created various elements that swirl around the coffee cup.
- Shop Now! To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code:
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!