Oh, do I have a fun card for you today featuring the Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder! I’ve been working on an Online Class featuring the Embossing Paste and one of the COOL techniques I’ll be sharing features Embossing Paste used with the Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. In the meantime, here is my card for the newest Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday 20, 2017 @ 6 AM EST.
Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Embossing Paste Technique for SUOC 185
I am ready for cool weather! Yet, the temperatures remain in the mid-80’s with unusually high humidity here in the Raleigh, NC area. It is most definitely NOT sweater weather. Fall is my second most favorite season but it definitely doesn’t feel like fall. What season is YOUR favorite season? My absolute favorite season is Spring and Fall is my 2nd favorite especially as the leaves start to change. By the time Fall arrives, I’m most definitely ready for some cool, crisp air.
Winter Wonder meets Embossing Paste Technique
If you look closely, you’ll see that there is more than just the texture of the Winter Wonder Embossing Folder. I actually had lots of fun playing around and making this card using Embossing Paste. The embossing paste is mixed with a couple of drops of Tempting Turquoise Reinker. To create the large embossed snowflake with added texture, I took the Winter Wonder Embossing Folder and added the Embossing Paste in the GROOVES of the embossing folder, then scrapped as much of the excess embossing paste off. Next, I put the Whisper White in the embossing folder, put the embossing folder between saran wrap and quickly ran it through the big shot.
After running the embossing folder with the embossing paste through the big shot, you need to act fast! I quickly and carefully pulled the sheet out of the embossing folder. The sheet was then set aside to dry. Because the embossing paste dries SO fast, I through the folder into a container filled with water then scrubbed the grooves with an old toothbrush.
IF you haven’t guessed by now, I love a challenge. The new SUO! Challenge Theme features ANY holiday product from the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. Click HERE to visit SUO! Challenges and to check out the other Design Team submissions.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Pacific Point Cardstock.
- On the top Whisper White layer, ran it through the Big Shot inside the Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with a thin layer of Tempting Turquoise colored Embossing Paste.
- While the embossing paste dried, I stamped the sentiment from Snowflake Sentiments and punched it out with the Everyday Label Punch.
- The Sentiment is layered with additional sheets of Pacific Point card stock which are also punched out using the Everyday Label Punch.
- Two banners were attached. The base banner is Soft Sky and Silver Glitter Paper is used for the top layer of the banner.
- I also “spritzed” the top of the card front with Tempting Turquoise mixed with Clear Wink of Stella.
- As a finishing touch, I added Silver Metallic Thread behind the sentiment.
To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code:
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!