Oh Joy to you with a Real Red Watercolor Christmas! Today is the start of a new Paper Craft Crew Challenge featuring a Square Sketch. I love the feeling when I look at a sketch and know in a short span of time what I’m going to create. This sketch inspired one of those moments of inspiration. This Watercolor Christmas Card came together beautifully featuring a clean and simple monochromatic theme.
So, yes, I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for a new Weekly Challenge! This week we have a Square Card Sketch Challenge. You don’t have to make a square card but it is “highly” suggested. I do encourage you to come on over and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Watercolor Christmas CAS
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #263
Christmas is my favorite holiday! I love the time spent with family, relaxing and celebrating. Having a son that loves Christmas means the world to me. Caleb LOVES Christmas probably even more than I DO! This child can’t wait to put up the Christmas Tree. He would be thrilled if we left it up all year.
But… the Christmas Tree comes down about the 2nd week of January. We’ve learned to “prep” Caleb that the tree will be put away. About a month later he starts to ask for the Christmas Tree. One year, we bribed him and told him he could put it up when Grandma arrived for a visit. Grandma and Grandpa visit in October so that year we actually had our Christmas Tree up BEFORE Halloween.
This weeks Paper Craft Crew card is a celebration of Christmas. I love the “Oh Joy” sentiment since it represents the joy of the season. It’s that little bit of happiness in the midst of winter. So, what is YOUR favorite Holiday?
Monochromatic Watercolor Christmas
The Watercolor Christmas Stamp Set is actually part of a kit available in the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. While the kit is wonderful. It’s nice having a fun stamp set that can be used for other cards. There is so much potential with the Watercolor Christmas Stamp Set. I see lots of cute cards perfect for all level of experience.
For the Square Sketch Challenge, I used the Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper. Then a little stamping and a few embellishments finish off the card. Real Red is the ONLY color used on the card and accented with Silver embellishments.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
It’s sketch time! The Paper Craft Crew has a Square Sketch Challenge. When I was working on upcoming challenges, I honestly wasn’t certain about this square sketch. The sketch didn’t “excite” me initially. But, I changed my own mind once the time came to create a card using the sketch.
Sketches are versatile. There are so many option and they are a great way to help you grow with your stamping. A Sketch gives you a starting place… It is your map to creativity. Take a look at this weeks square sketch and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks sketch, post it to your blogor on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Card Sketch #263 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base! It’s solid and holds up well to the added layers of the card front.
- Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper is the base card layer.
- On top of the Striped Real Red Designer Series Paper, I added a layer of Whisper White.
- The “Oh Joy” sentiment from the Watercolor Christmas Stamp Set is stamped with Real Red. I die cut the sentiment using the Oval Stitched Shapes Framelit.
- Behind the Sentiment, I added a Real Red banner along with Silver Metallic Thread.
- Following the sketch, I added a small snowflake on the right side of the oval along the top edge of the banner.
- A larger snowflake was added at the top right edge of the oval.
- Snowflakes are die cut from Silver Foil using the Seasonal Tags Framelits.
- The final touch is the addition of 3 stars from the Metallic Enamel Shapes. If you look closely, you’ll see a triangle creating the illusion of the Rule of Thirds which I also continued with a cluster of the 3 stars.
- The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: JDJSPM39
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
- Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount? Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all! The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or join just for the discount as a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW! I’m here for you to help you get started! To learn more, contact me today or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!