It’s Wednesday and I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Card Sketch Challenge with a whimsical card featuring the Always an Adventure Stamp Set! Come on over and check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, June 22nd at 11:55 PM EST.
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 199
Always An Adventure Father’s Day Camping Card
When I saw the Always an Adventure Stamp Set with coordinating Outdoor Adventure Framelits, I knew I had to have this bundle. It screams camping to me. This summer we are going on a family road trip to Mount Rushmore then going to stay at the lake with my Parents in Northern MN. I can’t wait to use this stamp set creating some Project Life layouts. I fully plan to capture some amazing moments especially since this is the first trip for my husband to Mount Rushmore and, of course, this is also our son’s first trip to Mount Rushmore as well. In the meantime I’ve used it for a Father’s Day card that is perfect for my Dad.
Growing up we traveled pretty much every summer with many family camping trips. My dad especially loved camping and shared that love with both my brother and I. Trips included visits to Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park, Glacier National Park, and plenty of camping in Minnesota where I grew up. Family trips were Always an Adventure with my dad.
Then there were the family and church trips to the Boundary Water Canoe Area (“BWCA”). The BWCA is probably one of my absolute favorite places to get away even though the last time I visited the BWCA was over 20 years ago (GASP… I need to change that!). Truthfully it is the bear, lake, campfire and tent image that really beckoned to me. On one of my BWCA trips we actually had a bear meander – yes, meander – into camp while we were all around the campfire eating freshly popped campfire popcorn and S’mores. The bear glanced at us but pretty much ignored us as we scrambled up of our seats to make as much noise as possible yelling, pounding on Pots, and banging canoe paddles on the Canoes. Meanwhile, all the bear was interested in was our food pack already properly hung up in the tree… Yes, the bear stood up on its hing legs, took one swipe at the pack then left!
So this weeks Always an Adventure card is inspired by those family memories which makes it perfect for a Father’s Day card. I hope you enjoy this fun, whimsical card.
- The tent is stamped with Pacific Point Classic Ink.
- I stamped the brown bear with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink.
- Garden Green Classic Ink is the perfect color for an Evergreen Tree.
- The Hot Air Balloon is stamped with Real Red Classic Ink.
- Clouds are stamped using Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink.
- Using the Outdoor Adventure Framelits, cut out the Tent, Bear, Evergreen Tree, Hot Air Balloon and Clouds.
- Attach a 1/2″ piece of Pacific Point Designer Series Paper Stack polka dot paper to the top of the Whisper White card front.
- Stamp the “Happy Father’s Day” from the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set using the Pacific Point Classic Ink in the bottom right corner of the card front.
- Layer the Tent, Pine Tree and Bear just above the stamped Father’s Day sentiment.
- Layer the clouds and Hot Air balloon in the upper left corner of the card.
- Attach the card front to a layer of Real Red card stock.
- The card front is attached to a Thick Whisper White card base.
Here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
I’m actively building my Stampin’ Up! team and invite you to join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!