The Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set was absolutely perfect for this weeks color challenge over at Can You Case It? Challenge Blog for Color Challenge #125. I was really thinking of doing a Father’s Day card but once I started looking at my “new toys” I was drawn to the elegance of the Flourishing Phrases. And, yes, it’s Sunday so I’m over at the Can You Case It? Challenge Blog for the Weekly Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks challenge as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, June 24 @ Noon PST.
Can You Case It
Color Challenge CYCI#125 – Flourishing Phrases
Happy Father’s day to all the dads out there! Today is all about you and celebrating all that you do so I hope you have a fun, relaxing day spent with your family. Here in the Staples home we have plans to attend church, go shopping for underwear (woohoo! Little Man is growing!), and maybe go to the community pool for a few hours otherwise we will just be relaxing. I know my husband is looking forward to a quiet, relaxing day.
The Flourishing Phrases is so elegant, dainty and pretty lending it perfectly to a Black, Red and Gray themed card. The card came together pretty much like I pictured with a Smoky Slate flower stamped in the background, Cherry Cobbler droplets then the Cherry Cobbler Flourish cut out using the Flourish Thinlits Dies. Finally, it is finished off with the sentiment stamped on a banner along with some Black Metallic Thread and the new Metallic Enamel Shapes. Can I just say that I LOVE the Black Metallic Thread… It is totally awesome.
- Start with a Whisper White card front base measuring 3 1/4″ by 5 5/16″ and stamp the flower with Smoky Slate.
- Using the Stampin’ Spritzer mixed with a Rubbing Alcohol, Water & Cherry Cobbler Reinker mixture, unscrew the top and “flick” color onto the card front. Tip: add more or less reinker to the Stampin’ Spritzer Rubbing Alcohol & Water mixture to increase or decrease the color intensity.
- Cut flourish from Cherry Cobbler card stock using the Flourish Thinlits and attach with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Stamp the “I Love You” from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set then stamp the banner from the Banners for You Stamp Set using Basic Black Archival Ink.
- Cut out the banner using the Bunch of Banners Framelits.
- Add Fast Fuse Adhesive to the back of the banner and attach the Black Metallic Thread.
- Attach the banner to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Glue the Black & White striped Designer Series Paper from the Pop of Pink collection to the card base.
- Layer the Whisper White card front on a Basic Black layer and attach to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add silver heart shapes from the Metallic Enamel Shapes.
- Finally, don’t forget the finishing touch… Stamp a sentiment and flourish on the inside of your card!
Can You Case It Color Challenge Details:
Here is this weeks Can You Case It challenge featuring a Color Challenge. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not visit Can You Case It, create a card inspired by this weeks Color Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!