It's Wednesday and you know what that means… I'm over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Card Sketch Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks sketch as well as the Desig Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, March 31st at 11:55 PM EST and then voting starts with voting ending on Monday, April 6th at 8:00 PM EST.
Paper Craft Crew
Card Sketch #137
The Sheltering Tree Stamp Set is definitely one of my favorite 2015 Stampin' Up! Occasions stamp sets. I love the versatility of the stamp set. Up to this point, I've struggled to use it thinking I needed to stamp the full tree image on my card but then I saw numerous samples by other Stampin' Up! demonstrators and I had a light bulb moment. It was a reminder that you don't have to have the full image and the tree especially works well to stamp off the edge of your cardstock.
I really love how this card came together with the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper setting the tone in the background along with helping me select the colors for this card. The border colors are Wild Wasabi and Red Rose. One of my favorite springtime trees growing up was the Crab Apple Tree that my parents had in our backyard… I LOVED the pretty pink blossoms but any other time of the year I was not a fan of this tree because it caused a mess. The blossoms from the Crab Apple Tree were the inspiration for my card.
- When using the Sheltering Tree Stamp Set, stamp the leaves with both a green and another color or multiple colors. On my card, I used Wild Wasabi stamped off then I stamped the Blushing Bride to create the feel of tree blossoms.
- Feel free to stamp your image off the paper… Images do not need to be centered.
- Rule of Thirds – I like to stress this rule because it helps to draw the line from one point to the next and is visually appealing to the human eye. Another aspect of the Rule of Thirds… Three small Candy Dots work together to create the allusion of one element.
- Stampin' Dimensionals help build layers and interest.
- And… Don't forget, if you are struggling with your creativity then consider using a sketch to get the creative juices flowing.
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I've also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin' Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest!
I'm actively building my Stampin' Up! team and invite you to join the Stunny Craftin' Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo's and some are Hobby Demo's… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!