It is always a good idea to have a special reason thank you card on hand for any occasion that needs a “special thank you.” And today, I’m sharing a card featuring the Special Reason Stamp Set for the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
SPECIAL REASON THANK YOU CARD
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #229
Well, originally I was going to make a Valentine Themed card but I needed a change of pace and this weeks sketch was perfect for the Special Reason stamp set. I’ve actually been wanting to use this stamp set for a while but haven’t been inspired. I’m excited to say that has changed. This card came together and the negative space flower was inspired by the “background” portion of this weeks sketch. I love how this card turned out.
The Dapper Denim creates a gorgeous contrast to the softer, pastel colors of the Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Pear Pizzazz. This years in-colors for 2016-2017 are some of my more recent favorites. The only color I really struggle with is the Sweet Sugarplum but I’m trying to do more with this color and you’ll want to watch my blog post for a special card I’ll be posting soon.
- A negative image is the blank space or “negative space,” in art or, in this case stamping, that is the space around and between the subject of an image. Negative space may be most evident when the space around a subject, not the subject itself, forms an interesting or artistically relevant shape, and such space is used for artistic effect as the “real” subject of an image.
- The Special Reason Stamp Set paired with the Stylish Stems Framelits is perfect for creating cards featuring a Negative Image. For example, I used the negative space as the “background” of my card lined with Peekaboo Peach Cardstock as based on this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch.
- Adding a stamped and die cut image against the Negative Image adds a nice aspect of contrast and interest.
- I used the “Rule of Thirds” for the small leaves to create balance.
- The “Thank You” is stamped with Peekaboo Peach and die cut with the Bunch of Banner Framelits.
- “You are Amazing” is stamped with the Dapper Denim then die cut using the Layering Circle Framelits with a scallop circle die cut from Dapper Denim to create additional contrast against the softer colors.
Here is this weeks Paper Craft Crew challenge featuring a Card Sketch. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog!
Join Stampin’ Up! and the Sunny Craftin’ Crew TODAY! Receive 2 FREE Stamp Sets when you sign on as a Demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration!
I’m actively building my Stampin’ Up! team and invite you to join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!