There are times in our lives when love truly is an expression that we weather together all things in love. Such a time recently presented itself in my life! Read on as I share and lend support to my best friend… my Mom! Yes, it is Wednesday and I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for a new Theme Challenge! The theme is Love. Come on over, take a look at this weeks challenge and the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Weather Together all things in Love
Paper Craft Crew Theme Challenge #230
In mid-January, my mom was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer. What started as a trip to the emergency room for what she thought was Kidney Stones but instead brought to our family the unexpected news of Kidney Cancer. My mom has always been there for me through infertility treatments, miscarriages, knee surgery, and the two times I dealt with then overcame cancer. Now, it is my turn to be there for my Mom. On Valentines Day, I will be catching an afternoon flight to Minneapolis. I’m not certain how long I’ll be in Minneapolis but expect it will be about 2 weeks and it will depend on how my mom’s recovery goes after surgery.
While I’m glad that I can go to Minnesota to be there for my mom it also means that I’ll be away from my family. This trip will be the longest that I’ve been away from my 7 year old son. I will definitely miss Caleb. There are definitely some logistics involved with this trip such as making arrangements with friends to pick Caleb up from school since he is outside of our school district. Then there is homework… Oh, boy, my husband is dreading the homework! Currently, I’m the only one that has been able to work with Caleb on his homework. My husband, Mike, will definitely need prayers for patience.
I’m Here For You!
With all this in mind, I had an idea that transpired into a clean, White-on-White card featuring the Weather Together Stamp Set celebrating love along with the steps we’ll take to be there for those that we love. While I will miss my husband and son, at this time my Mom needs me more. I’m so blessed to have a husband that understands and has encouraged me to take this trip so I can shower my mom with love. The umbrella is a metaphor and reflection of how I feel.
White-on-white cards are gorgeous and I love the look. While this card is mostly white-on-white, I felt that it needed a pop of sunshine. The Daffodil Delight added just the right amount of brightness to the card.
- Card size is a standard A2. For the new stamper, an A2 card is an 8-1/2″ x 11″ sheet of cardstock cut in half. Folded measurements are 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2.”
- Daffodil Delight is the base layer and measures 4-1/16″ x 5-5/16.” I just like the width this offers for a border against the top layer. For an easier alternative and for new stampers, I recommend a base measurement of 4″ x 5-1/4″ for a wide border or 4-1/8″ x 5-5/8″ for a narrow border. Honestly, try the different measurements to find what works best for you. Some stampers find a narrow border is easier to align whereas others feel a wider border is easier as well as more forgiving.
- To create the top layer, I used the hearts from the Umbrella Weather Framelits to create a negative space.
- Next, I die cut the umbrella elements then glued the handle to the upper portion of the umbrella.
- I really wanted the umbrella to look wet so I used the Fine-Tip Glue to cover the umbrella then set it aside to let it dry.
- The “love” is die cut from Whisper White cardstock using the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits.
- Attach the umbrella to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals then attach the die cut “love.”
- Using Daffodil Delight Classic Ink, stamp the “I’m here for you” just under the umbrella.
- As a finishing touch, I added the White Perfect Accents.
Check out this weeks Love Theme! Challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not jump over to the Paper Craft Crew blog, create a card inspired by this weeks theme and post to the blog! The Design Team is waiting to see your creation.
FEBRUARY HOST CODE GIVEAWAY! Get these White Perfect Accents FREE when you spend $75 thru me (total before shipping and tax). For orders over $150.00, you automatically qualify for the February Giveaway and do not need to use the hostess code. For orders under $150.00, please use HOSTESS CODE: GMH9HEM9. Gifts will be sent mid-March.
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle!
Get the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle today! $125.00 in product for $99.00 and join NOW to receive 2 additional Stamp Sets of ANY value for free! I’m actively building my Stampin’ Up! team and invite you to join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
It’s Sale-a-Bration time! Between January 4 and March 31, you can earn exclusive Sale-a-Bration products with every $50 you spend on the products you already want. Does it get any better than that?!