I’m sending you a kiss with a Sealed with Love Valentine Card! I’m loving this stamp set and the little lips are totally awesome. And, yes, it is time for another challenge from Stampin’ Up! Only Challenges. The new challenge is a Valentine theme as we head into the month of February. You are invited to play along as this challenge starts today and ends on Friday, February 10th @ 6 AM EST.
Sealed with Love Valentine
Valentine Theme for SUOC167
The past few weeks have been challenging. In mid-January, my Mom was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer. Originally, my dad took mom to the ER because they thought she had Kidney Stones but by the next morning they had the bad news that instead she has Stage 2 Kidney Cancer. The “good” news is that my mom’s cancer has been caught early. It also means that my parents are heading BACK to the winter cold of Minnesota only a week after they had arrived in the warmth of Texas. Yes, they were disappointed to be leaving Texas but knew Mom would do better from the comfort of home as she undergoes surgery. It also means that I am heading to Minnesota.
And… along with this news, I ran into some technical glitches that made it difficult for me to post on my blog. I really need to find a safe place for my passwords and learn how to better utilize the WordPress App on my iPad so I can post on the go easier.
I’m excited about this Sealed with Love card which especially features the “lips” from the stamp set. Can I just say that I love these little lips! They are kissable and fun for creating “love” notes. I added these luscious lips and heat embossed them. I’m going to tell you know that th Real Red Glitter Embossing Powder is da’ Bomb! I’ve never been a “lip stick” person and personally hate the feel of lipstick but the LipSense products are AMAZING – it is my newest must have product which my husband LOVES. My husband loves to see me wearing “lipstick” and with Lip Sense I don’t feel like I’m wearing “lipstick.”
Onward… would you like details on this card?
- I’ve taken a card from my Cards-A-Latte class and stepped it up to create this version.
- Gorgeous Grunge is a MUST HAVE Stamp Set! This card features Gorgeous Grunge backdrop stamped with Smoky Slate Classic Ink.
- Before I stamped the lips, I stamped the sentiment then die cut it with the Layered Square Framelits using both a plain square and scallop square to set off the sentiment form the background. I needed to stamp and cut the sentiment so I could find the right placement for the lips!
- Next, I laid the square on the card then stamped the top lips then the lips furthest to the left with VersaMark and Real Red Ink. Using the Real Red Glitter Embossing Powder, I heat embossed the lips. I love the sparkly lips and the photos just don’t do them justice!
- I attached the squares with dimensionals.
- As for the finishing touches, well, I had to add 2 small Metallic Enamel Hearts to cover a couple of little “oops” spots when I smeared some Real Red Ink on the card front. Then the Silver Foil arrow was “laying” around and as a “spur” of the moment decision I glued it to the square. The arrow adds a fun, valentine feel to the card.
As a quick side note… My son just LOVES this card and now wants to give it to his teacher at school! LOL, I’m trying to figure out how to get out of that and come up with a more appropriate student / teacher card. Thankfully, Caleb is only 7 and I should be able to distract him with a card that is much more appropriate.
Don’t forget to visit the SUO! Challenges Blog to check out the creations from the other Design Team members!
I’m so excited about the Valentine Sampler class that I’m offering featuring the Sealed with Love Stamp Set. This class is being offered as both a local or Class-on-the-Go option. There is also a choice to make the 12″x12″ sampler or convert the 9 – 3″x3″ squares into cards. For more details, click here!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!