It’s time for me to showcase some Powhatan Pride with a Pyramid Pals Back to School Teacher Gift that looks like a LION… ROAR! I honestly can’t believe that my little man is going to be a first grader! He is growing up so fast and this week, over at the Can You Case It? Challenge Blog the weekly challenge is a “Back to School” theme! So, come on over and check out this weeks challenge as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, September 2, 2016 @ Noon PST.
Can You Case It? Back to School Challenge #135
Pyramid Pals Back To School Teacher Gift
I wasn’t certain at first what I was going to create for this weeks Can You Case It? Challenge and was thinking of focusing on something College related such as my Alma Mater mascot, but I really didn’t want to make a card or 3D project with a Corn Cob! And, yes, I went to Concordia College in Moorhead, MN where our school mascot is a Corn Cob.
So, as I was contemplating and brainstorming for this challenge I was also trying to think of what I could make for my son’s school teachers as Back To School gifts… Can you say “DUH!” It hit me like a ton of bricks that I had a twofer. I could take care of two projects with half the work.
There are a variety of ideas on Pinterest and elsewhere for various characters using Playful Pals including some lions. But the lions I saw just were not what I was picturing. My original idea was to use the Fringe Scissors but that was a complete failure! It seems you can’t cut a circle to create fringe without cutting some of your fringe pieces off.
Then, it hit me! The Pyramid Pals Thinlits has a small “fringe” die. It was just a matter of figuring out how to use the die to create the Lion’s Mane. I cut four pieces of Chocolate Chip Cardstock for ONE Lion’s Mane.
I’m totally in love with this adorable Pyramid Pals Back to School Teacher Gift perfect for some Powhatan Pride! Can we get a great big ROAR!
Sunny Girl’s Tips, Tricks and Techniques:
- To create the Lion’s Mane, cut four fringe pieces then fold them along the solid piece of the cut fringe. Take a 1 3/8″ circle, cover it with Fast Fuse then slowly curve the fringe around the edge of the circle overlapping each piece of fringe until the circle is covered. Stamp the lion face on a second 1 3/8″ circle then attach to the other circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals to hide the unsightly portion of the lion’s mane.
- The lion’s body is Crushed Curry and the Lion’s Mane is Chocolate Chip.
- Cut the ears, fold along the crease then use glue dots and tuck them under the circle attaching the ears to the Lion’s Mane.
- Since I was making multiple lions, I printed “Powhatan Pride” on one sheet of Whisper White. I cut the banners out using the Bunch of Banners Framelits.
- Each pyramid holds three mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. On Thursday this past week, Caleb had his 1st Grade open house. His Teacher and the Teacher’s Assistant just LOVED their Pyramid Pals Back to School Teacher Gift. I’m not even certain they will open them because they are so adorable.
Can You Case It? Back to School Challenge
Here is this weeks Can You Case It? Back to School Challenge. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. You are invited to come play along by creating a card inspired by this weeks challenge then posting it to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!