Today, for The Card Concept team, I created a card featuring a Bold Bloom using the Daisy Delight Bundle and Brusho Crystal Colors. The theme is Bold Blooms with a gorgeous inspiration photo featuring a large, red bloom. My inspiration was the single bold bloom but opted to not use red and instead create a bold background that makes the Daisy really pop off the card. I love creating bold backgrounds with Brusho Crystal Colors.
So, I’m back over at The Card Concept Challenge #92! Come play along with the 2 Week concept challenge. There are amazing samples by other design team members that are sure to inspire you. The challenge starts today and ends on Monday, May 14, 2018 @ 12:00 PM EDT. Click here to play along!
Bold Bloom with Daisy Delight and Brusho Crystals
The Card Concept Challenge #92
I’ve really taken today’s card in a different direction that the rest of the design team over on The Card Concept challenge. I love the bold, red blooms but my card just had to go in a different direction. There are a lot of paper crafters afraid of the Brusho Crystal Colors but I’m here to tell you NOT to be afraid. It’s such a fun medium and there are a ton of fun techniques. A lot goes a long way when using the Brusho Crystal Colors. My key tip is to tell you to use only a very little bit to start with as it’s easier to add more but it’s a bit more difficult to get rid of too much color. Also, I have a Facebook Live video to share with you today.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Only the best for the base… Thick Whisper White Cardstock cut to 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼.”
- The base card layer is Night of Navy cut to 5 ¼” x 4.”
- For the top layer, take a piece of Watercolor paper that measures approx. 5 ½ x 4 ¼” or slightly larger. Sprinkle the Prussian Blue Brusho Crystal Colors then spritz with water to create the appearance of the “sky” in the background. Dab at the watercolor paper with paper towel if you would like to remove some of the water.
- Next, use the Moss Green Brusho Crystal Colors. Sprinkle a small amount on the watercolor paper approximately in the area where you’ll be stamping the flower stem and spritz with water. Note: for different effects, you can leave the Prussian Blue wet when you add the Moss Green or you can dry the first layer then add the Moss Green.
- Stamp two daisies using the Daisy Delight Stamp on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Punch out both daisies using the Daisy Punch.
- Adhere one of the punched daisies to the other daisy and add a Glitter Enamel Dot.
- Using the Stamparatus, stamp the stem from the Daisy Delight Stamp Set with Garden Green Ink on the Watercolor paper on the area with the Moss Green Brusho Crystal Color. I stamped the image about 3 times for an intense green.
- Adhere the Daisy to the card front lining it up with the stamped stem.
- Along the bottom right corner, add Washi Tape from the Basics Pack 3 Washi Tape and the Basics Pack 2 Washi Tape.
- Stamp the Sentiment from the Wood Words Stamp Set using Night of Navy Ink.
- Trim ends of the sentiment at an angle and adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere card front to the base card layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals then attach to the card base.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: BSBVDCDH
Share What You Love Bundle Tutorial!
- I’m so excited about this offer… There are 3 different bundles available with the “SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE” suite of products, plus a NEW IN COLOR stampin’ pad bundle!!! And… you’ll receive 30 Stamping Tutorials when you purchase ANY of the bundles from me this month PLUS if you purchase the Gotta Have It All Bundle, you’ll receive an additional class from me towards the end of the month (after May 25th).
- This offer is only available during the month of May! Stampin’ Up! is offering an AWESOME Early Bird Special from the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. Additional details on the special can be found in this YouTube video. Watch the YouTube video below or click this link to watch online.
Project Supply List!
- Join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! This is the BEST DEAL if you love Stampin’ Up! products. And, NOW is the perfect time to join when you can “double dip” from three different catalogs. Yes, you can order select items from the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Catalog if you join during the month of May!
- The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU!
- YES… Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW!
- I’m here for you to help you get started! To learn more, contact me today or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!