Oh, this girl had fun playing with the Tranquil Tide Designer Series Paper for the OSAT Blog Hop. This month is all about “new and shiny” toys as we roll out the Red Carpet! I had fun playing with the Tranquil Tide Designer Series Paper, and Painted Glass Stamp Set. There are so many wonderful, new products coming your way with the release of the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog on June 1st. Today’s blog hop is a sampling of some of those AWESOME new products.
Tranquil Tide Teacher Appreciation Projects
On The Red Carpet
Project #1 – Box In a Card
This is a fun project with a box in a card. Becky Roberts originally created a tutorial then I saw the project that Sandy Carlson created and presented at the 2017 Incentive Trip when I met her in person last August. While I was working on creating Teacher Appreciation Gifts, the Box in a Card was the perfect gift for the school’s Principal. The Principal at Caleb’s school is a wonderful man that really cares about all the kids. So, I made this as a gift for him during “teacher” appreciation.
Inside the box, I added Lindt Truffles. Since this project is for Caleb’s Principal, I couldn’t use flowers. The bottles from the Bubble Over Stamp Set are perfect for a masculine card. Actually, this could technically be taken as a 3D item along with a card but I have more.
- Only the best for the base… Thick Whisper White Cardstock cut to 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score and fold at 4 ¼.”
- Create a 2″ notch at the top of the card where you want your box to go. Note… I actually made my notch about 2 1/16″ to better accommodate the box.
- Cut 2″ x 8 1/2″ strip of Tranquil Tide Designer Series Paper. Score at 1/2″, then 1″ at each score line so it is scored to wrap around the box.
- Decorate the Clear Tiny Treat Box by wrapping strip around the box.
- Stamp the Thank You using the Detailed with Love Stamp Set and die cut with the smallest circle from the Layering Circle Framelits and layer with a Night of Navy Scallop Circle.
- Behind the Circle, add Silver Metallic Thread and Silver Mini Sequins.
- Tie Classic Weave Ribbon around the box and attach the Thank You.
- On Card front, attach Night of Navy Cardstock with notch cut out to fit around the box.
- Add layer of Tranquil Tide Designer Series Paper.
- Stamp two large bottles and the small “For You” from the Bubble Over Stamp Set with Night of Navy Ink.
- Using Mint Macaron, stamp the YAY.
- Die Cut the stamped images using the Bottles & Bubbles Framelits. Don’t forget to die cut the bottle tops using Silver Foil.
- Adhere bottles to the front of the card.
- Layer the YAY over the bottle top, add Silver Metallic Thread and Silver Mini Sequins.
- Attach the YAY and For You to the front of the bottles.
- Adhere Glitter Enamel Dots so they look like bubbles.
Project #2 – Cracker Boxes
For the actual 3D project, I created these fun and totally awesome Cracker Boxes with a special treat inside. I modified the box to make it longer so the treat would fit. These are also easy to make and definitely rank up there as a perfect teacher gift. The Tags feature Mint Macaron with a butterfly from the NEW Painted Glass Stamp Set.
- Take a 4 1/2” x 10″ sheet of Designer Series Paper. I’m using the Tranquil Tide Designer Series Paper.
- Score at the 1/2″ mark and also score at the 1 1/2″, 2 1/2″, 3 1/2″ using the Stampin’ Up! Score Board.
- Using the Stampin’ Up! Envelope Punch Board, place the edge of your scored paper at the 1″ mark making certain that the edge is the 1″ scored section and punch.
- Fold the punched edge over and punch on the scored edge. Repeat until each score line has been punched on each end of the Designer Series Paper (remember, 1″ in).
- Tie ribbon around one of the punched ends making certain to tighten the ribbon so the end is partially closed.
- Add your treat. Check out that YUMMY Lindt Truffle Bar.
- Tie ribbon around the remaining open end.
- Using Mint Macaron, stamp the “You’re the Best” using the Label Me Pretty Stamp Set and die cut with the smallest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Die cut the next largest Stitched Shapes Circle using Mint Macaron.
- Layer the Sentiment over the larger Mint Macaron Circle.
- Add Silver Metallic Thread and Mini Silver Sequins to the Tag. Place a couple of Stampin’ Dimensionals over the sequins making certain to center the dimensionals so they attach to the cracker box without showing.
- Stamp the butterfly from the Painted Glass Stamp Set with Mint Macaron and die cut with coordinating dies.
- Attach butterfly to the tag.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: BSBVDCDH
SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE BUNDLE TUTORIAL!
- I’m so excited about this offer… There are 3 different bundles available with the “SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE” suite of products, plus a NEW IN COLOR stampin’ pad bundle!!! And… you’ll receive 30 Stamping Tutorials when you purchase ANY of the bundles from me this month PLUS if you purchase the Gotta Have It All Bundle, you’ll receive an additional class from me towards the end of the month (after May 25th).
- This offer is only available during the month of May! Stampin’ Up! is offering an AWESOME Early Bird Special from the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. Additional details on the special can be found in this YouTube video. Watch the YouTube video below or click this link to watch online.