This girl definitely does not have a green thumb when it comes to being “In The Garden!” I have a very small garden at the front of my home. There are actually no trees but eventually I’ll add a tree to the front yard. In the meantime, I’ll enjoy being “In The Garden” via stamping and creating with paper. Instead, I pictured myself sitting and being “In The Garden” with a beautiful Cherry Blossom tree filled with birds. The Best Birds stamp set came to the rescue to fit perfectly with this fun theme.
In The Garden with Best Birds
The insanity continues! June is another crazy month in our household with the school year ending, the introduction of the NEW Stampin’ Up! Catalog, team retired Stampin’ Up! Sale and getting ready to head to Minnesota at the end of the month. This card was a labor of love. I was actually inspired by the Paper Craft Crew sketch from last week. The branch replaces the paper strips of the sketch and the bird becomes the focal point. Yes, I definitely enjoyed getting engulfed in the process of creating this card.
Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge
Stampin’ Up! Only Challenges are fun, two week themed challenges. The current theme is called “In The Garden.” All the themes are open to your interpretation. While the design team shares ideas to help inspire, we hope you’ll play along and share your interpretation of the current theme. Remember, ALL products on the card MUST be Stampin’ Up! only! Click HERE to visit the SUO Challenge Blog.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, you guessed it! I’ve used Thick Whisper White as my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Whisper White.
- I opted to go with a White on White layer and the top layer is also Whisper White.
- For the background and to create the feel of the sky, I stamped with Soft Sky Classic Ink and the Touches of Texture Stamp.
- Using the Best Birds stamp set, the bird is stamped using Basic Black Archival Ink then colored using the Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils and lightly blended using the blender pens.
- I used the “Huffing” technique to color the branch with Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker and the Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Marker.
- The flowers are stamped with Flirty Flamingo Classic ink but I also used the “Huffing” technique on the flowers featuring a little bit of branch and a flower bud.
- I stamped the sentiment with Flirty Flamingo on a strip of paper and trimmed the ends to create the banner.
- Finally, I added the Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
- The photo below showcases key products for today’s Best Birds card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: 4CCCNW72
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!