Today I’m showcasing the Wherever You Go Stamp Set for the Masculine SIP102 challenge on the Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge blog. While I’ve played along some, it is really an honor to be invited as a guest designer. You’ll want to check out the Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge blog for all the great samples of Masculine Cards.
Wherever You Go
SIP102 – Masculine Card
The past week has been crazy insane! On Tuesday, I hosted my New Catalog Launch party which was awesome! It was so much fun. Then Wednesday it was a whirlwind day of packing so we could get on the road for a quick trip to Illinois for my cousins wedding. The drive is about 14 hours! We left around 5pm on Wednesday and drove about 5 hours before we stopped for the night. Thursday meant more driving and we couldn’t have been more thrilled to make it to the Holiday Inn Express in Oswego, IL. We were able to get settle in and go for a swim in the pool. On Friday, Caleb was so excited to see Grandma (and Grandpa). He also called dibs on sitting next to Grandma during the wedding ceremony. My cousin, Melissa, was absolutely gorgeous.
The wedding ceremony was absolutely wonderful. Caleb, however, most definitely had a great time at the reception. Our son couldn’t wait to dance! He totally rocked the dance floor. One of the best parts of the evening is when he did a Chicken Dance solo to get the bride & groom to kiss. It was so cute watching him on the dance floor and he especially love dancing with Melissa.
Our whirlwind trip ended with an insane, straight shot home on Saturday! Once you add in stops, it was a good 15 hours on the road. We arrived home at 1 AM! Exhausted and so happy to be home after a wonderful couple of days celebrating Melissa’s wedding to David.
Sunday was a relaxing day. Mike and Caleb actually let me sleep in which I desperately needed. Then, I enjoyed the remainder of the day getting crafty in my studio. It was a slow start at first but I did manage to complete one card and start a couple of other cards.
The Wherever You Go Stamp Set is fairly new to my craft room and this is my first foray into using it. I love the bridge. This card came together as a vision with the sun setting and illuminating the bridge. The card features a collage effect with the Bridge, Sun and Compass with the sentiment as an added layer.
Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge
Here is this weeks Masculine Challenge with the Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge Blog. You’ve heard me say it once, twice and a million times! Challenge blogs are a great way to help get your creative juices flowing. If you are struggling with a creative block, you can usually find inspiration and a variety of ideas to help you get back on track with your creativity. Stop on over at Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge then create a card inspired by this weeks challenge and post it to the challenge blog!
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Again, Thick Whisper White is my go-to as my card base!
- The base layer is Dapper Denim card stock.
- For the top layer, I stamped the bridge with Smoky Slate Classic Ink but first stamped off some of the ink before I stamped on the Whisper White.
- Next, I used Crushed Curry Classic Ink stamped as the sun layered over the bridge.
- To complete the collage effect, I stamped the compass with Dapper Denim Ink.
- The Sentiment is stamped with the Smoky Slate on a small, rectangular square and to make it look like a ticket I used the Ticket Tear Border Punch to punch the notch on each corner.
- I felt the card was still incomplete so splattered ink on the card front. The inks I used are Dapper Denim and Smoky Slate.
- Finally, I added the silver Metallic Enamel Shapes.
- Pin it! The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- Shop Now! To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code:
- Project Supply List! Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!