Welcome to this months RemARKable Stampers Blog Tour! On the 2nd Thursday of each month starting at 8 PM EST, we feature a new theme.
This months theme we are continuing to feature Retiring Stampin’ Up! Products and saying farewell to some of our favorites! So, welcome to the May 2016 RemARKable Stampers Blog Tour!
RemARKable Stampers Blog Tour
Farewell to our Favorites
I’m excited to be sharing two fun projects. The first project is a Clean and Simple Card featuring an adorable little Koala Bear that will be retiring later this month. For the second project, I have created a cute and quick basket using the Berry Basket Bigz Die.
Project #1 – Farewell Kind Koala
This little guy is so adorable. I remember the first time I saw a Koala in person at the San Diego Zoo and I instantly fell in love. They are so adorable looking in person. Look at how he proudly holds the flower. I’m sad to see him leave. Here are the steps to re-create the Kind Koala card:
- Take a piece of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Thick Whisper White card stock and fold in half to create a 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 card base.
- Cut a sheet of Whisper White card stock to 3 1/4 x 4 1/2. Stamp the Kind Koala on the Whisper White card front using Basic Gray Archival Ink.
- Take a blender pen and Smoky Slate classic Ink then lightly color in the Koala.
- Take a blender pen with Watermelon Wonder and color in the flower.
- Using the Cherry on Top Designer Washi Tape, take two strips of different colors and attach to the right edge of the card front.
- Attach the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals to a piece of 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (color used is Watermelon Wonder) cut to 4 1/16 x 5 5/16 (or whatever dimensions you use for a basic card front layer).
- Carefully attach the card front with all layers to the card base. I use Stampin’ Dimensions but you can also attach the card front using Multi Purpose Glue, Fast Fuse or Snail Adhesive.
- The final touch is to add the White Perfect Accents.
Project #2 – Berry Basket
The second project features the Berry Basket Bigz L die for the Big Shot. I absolutely love my Big Shot as it really is my go to die cutting machine. The Big Shot is handy, quick and easy to use. This basket is really adorable and VERY quick to assemble. The basket is also a nice size and I’ve added a quick tag along with a flower on the handle. Here are the details on how to re-create this basket:
- I used the Corrugated Paper which is 12×12 and you’ll cut one sheet in half.
- Run the 6 x 12″ sheet of Corrugated Paper placed on the Berry Basket Bigz L Die and run it through the Big Shot. Repeat the process on more time so you’ll have two pieces cut out.
- Take both of the bottom pieces then overlap them so they look like a “plus” sign. Glue the base together.
- I used the scallop piece to create the border to hold the basket together. Take 2 pieces of the scallop, fold along the score lines then glue them together so they make a square.
- Place the scallop “square” over the outer edge of the basket and attach with either Tear & Tape Adhesive or staple them together. The really quick and easy method is to staple them in the center. Note… Don’t forget to add your handle if you want a handle. I stapled the handle between the layers of the basket and scallop.
- Use the Pansy Punch to make your flower. I punched four flowers from the Flirty Flamingo card stock and pieced them together. Finish the flower with a Silver Metallic Button in the center tied with Whisper White Baker’s Twine.
- To create the tag, take a 2″ strip of Whisper White card stock and punch the top using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.
- Stamp the strips using the NEW Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set (available June 1, 2016) along with the coordinating Duet Banner Punch. The tag actually features the NEW 2016-2018 In Colors which are Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarplum.
- Stamp the butterfly from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and punch out with the Bitty Butterfly Punch. Add Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
- Tie ribbon to the tag and I attached the tag to the handle using a mini clothespin.
Now, as we say farewell, don’t wait! It is a great time to place an order from the 2015-2016 Stampin’ Up! catalog. Many items have sold out but there is still plenty still available with some items discounted up to 50% off. Hopefully you’ve enjoyed these projects and are inspired to make your own.
I invite you to pin any of my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers!
To continue on with the next blog on the RemARKable Stampers Blog Tour, you’ll want to visit Janet Wakeland! I’m certain you’ll enjoy the projects she has to share with you! To view her blog, you can click on her name or on the Button Below. You can also click on any of the names below to jump from one blog to the next.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!