Spring has arrived in North Carolina (I think!), so how about a nice little Bike Ride Thank You! Actually, I haven’t ridden a bike in a long time and this card is about the closest I’ll come to a bike ride. At least the pup seems to be enjoying the bike ride.
Well, it’s Wednesday, and that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! This week we have another Sketch Challenge. Make certain to visit the blog and check out the inspirational cards created by the Design Team. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, March 6, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Bike Ride Thank You Card
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #282
Are there any Olympic junkies like me out there? Oh, boy, let me just say that I’m already missing the Olympics. I miss seeing the athletes give it there all and sometimes succeeding to win a medal but often times not. The personal interest stories are usually inspiring. So much unity and bringing the world together for a couple of weeks! I just love the Olympics. And… Now that they are over, I’m trying to catch up on the lost hours of sleep.
While the Olympics were zooming along on the TV, I was having an Olympic Marathon of my own in the Craft Room. I wonder if we crafters could petition for our own Olympic event! Maybe? Well, at least I had some productive crafting moments during the Olympics. Today’s Bike Ride Thank You card was completed on Sunday during the closing ceremonies. Usually, I’m not finishing my Paper Craft Crew card until the very last minute!
Bike Ride Stamp Set
This weeks card features the Bike Ride Stamp Set. One of my Cards-A-Latte regulars, Ronda, wanted to do a card using the Bike Ride Stamp Set. I had honestly not done a card during the even because it’s a very involved stamp set with LOTS of 2 step stamping with little bits and pieces. But, I finally broke down and agreed to do a card using the Bike Ride Stamp Set.
It’s a very cute card! I love the Brick embossed background. There are some nice layers that set the stage for the bike. And, the cute puppy dog! Of course, I’m partial to the Pool Party colored bike. As I was working on the cards for the Cards-A-Latte class, I realized this card was also perfect for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Tic Tac Toe Challenge!
Are you ready to play some Tic Tac Toe? I have fallen in love with Tic Tac Toe Challenges. They are fun. I love the option to choose a column with the purpose of incorporating those three elements into your card. Tic Tac Toe Challenges are a great way to maybe try using a product you haven’t used before or maybe a theme you don’t often do for cards. The column I chose features the top row of this challenge. My card uses Dry Embossing, has a living creature and just a touch of metallic!
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Tic Tac Toe Challenge #282 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- I used the Thick Whisper White which is my go-to card base! It provides the perfect, sturdy base for the completed card. Order a pack of Thick Whisper White cardstock today. (140272)
- For the base layer I’m using Smoky Slate cardstock which I embossed using the Brick Wall Textured Impressions embossing folder.
- The next couple of layers include So Saffron cut to 2 1/8″ x 3 1/8.” It is layered behind the Whisper White Stitched Shape square which I also layered on a piece of Pool Party. The Pool Party is die cut using the Layering Square Framelits.
- I stamped the bike using Pool Party and Smoky Slate. The Build A Bike Framelits are used to die cut the bike.
- The pup is stamped with Soft Suede for the outline and the inner body is Crumb Cake. I then stamped the pup’s scarf with Pool Party.
- For the sentiment, I used the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set. I then cut the words out and angled the ends.
- The metallic element of the Tic Tac Toe is the Metallic thread that I use behind the sentiment.
- Want to make this card or a similar card, then click HERE for your supplies! You can also click on the item below and you’ll be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: R3E3MPBN
- Product List
Join the crew! Become a member of the Sunny Craftin’ Crew Today!
- Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a crew member by joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You’ll save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part an incredible online community.
- Join Stampin’ Up! today and experience the fun!
- I would love to introduce you to my group! I love the CREW! This is an AMAZING opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. Fill out the Contact Form Below or better yet, JOIN NOW!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!