Mother’s Day is just around the corner and the Lovely Words Thinlits called out to me for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Color Challenge for PCC242! Yes, it’s Wednesday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge and this week we are featuring a Color Challenge! Check out this weeks Color Challenge along with the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, May 9, 2017.
Lovely Words Sneak Peek
Paper Craft Crew Color Challenge #242
This time of year always brings some sadness to Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators as we say farewell to some of our favorite Stampin’ Up! Products. One of my absolute favorites include dies that feature “words.” When I first saw the Lovely Words Thinlits, I just KNEW I had to have them as soon as possible. I was so excited to be able to purchase them as part of the Premier Purchase during OnStage and I’m thrilled to say that I’ve been using them! Unfortunately, I’m not able to share the other projects yet as I used the Lovely Words Thinlits for swaps and will have to wait about 2 weeks before I can share the adorable card I made.
OK… So, I knew I wanted to create a Mother’s Day Card for this weeks color challenge and this idea has been floating around in my head for a few days. As I was creating this card I wasn’t certain if I was head-over-heals in love but it turned out adorable. This card exceeds my expectations and I’m thrilled with the overall appearance.
Yes… The Paper Craft Crew has a fun, new challenge and we’ve mixed it up by doing a Color Challenge for this next week. The colors are fun, fresh and sure to inspire! You’ll notice that the challenge shows FOUR Colors but you only need to choose three of the four colors for this challenge then you can also use any neutrals.
So, here is this weeks Paper Craft Crew Color Challenge. I challenge you to have fun, use products that you love and showcase these great colors on a fun project. While most of the Paper Craft Crew Design Team creates cards, you can create any type of project for the challenge. Challenges are also a great way to beat a mental creative block and get you back into that creative groove. Go ahead… Kickstart your creative juices! Stop on over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a project inspired by this weeks Color Challenge and post to the blog!
- Today’s card uses a variety of products featuring the following Stampin’ Up! colors which are Dapper Denim, Calypso Coral and So Saffron.
- The NEW Lovely Words Thinlits is the main focal point featuring the word “Lovely” outlined by a Heart. These thinlits are really cool and so versatile. Last weeks Little Piggy Card also uses the Lovely Words Thinlits by cutting the “Friend” word out of the surrounding shape. Also, the Heart coordinates with the Sweet & Sassy Framelits.
- I used the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set to customize the sentiment. I’ve created a focal point on the “lovely” by using the words from Thoughtful Banners to express the special relationship I have with my mom. My mom means the world to me. She is my best friend. I love spending time with her and it is hard living so far apart.
- Jar of Love along with the coordinating Everyday Jars Framelits is another MUST HAVE! I love the little flowers that I stamped then die cut using these products.
- I am sad to see the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set retiring at the end of this month! However, there are other stamp sets that help fill in the gap caused by the retirement of Gorgeous Grunge. One such stamp set is Work Of Art. The background features a stamp from the Work of Art Stamp Set.
- Finally, bling is added as the finishing touch. I’ve used the NEW Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the center of each flower. I love the new Rhinestone Basic Jewels! They are “flatter” than the old Rhinestones which makes them easier to mail.
- The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: ZGZMT7X4
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
- Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount? Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all! The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW! I’m here for you to help you get started! To learn more, contact me today or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!