Here I am again with a Lovely Words Watercolor Card featuring the Lovely Words Thinlits. I’m quickly falling in love with the Lovely Words Thinlits. They are very versatile and the shapes add to the framing of the words which makes it very striking especially agains a Watercolor background. Today is the start of a new challenge with SUO! Challenges. The theme is Watercolor. Join us by creating a card featuring a watercolor technique then post to the SUO Challenges blog. The new challenge is lots of fun. We invite you to play along as this challenge starts today and ends on Friday, May 19th @ 6 AM EST.
Lovely Words Watercolor Card
SUO! Challenges #174
I love the look of watercolor on a card. This card is definitely a favorite of mine. As I was creating the card, I didn’t plan for it to be square but I just couldn’t trim it down to a smaller size because I couldn’t get myself to cut any of the watercolor pattern off. This Lovely Words Watercolor Card features one of my favorite watercolor techniques. It is a Wet-On-Wet technique but I let each section pretty much dry completely before I added color to another section of the card front.
- Today’s card features some of the NEW In-Colors along with Basic Black and Tempting Turquoise.
- Watercolor techniques are a HOT trend. This card features a technique where you saturate a small, select area of the card then add color. I started with the Tranquil Tide. Once the Tranquil Tide was fairly dry, I then saturated another area on the card and added the Lemon Lime Twist which I also let dry. Finally, I added the last color which is Tempting Turquoise. The colors do blend but only where I wanted them to blend.
- Splatters are also lots of fun but I’ll warn you that they can be messy. To add the splatters, I wet my paint brush then added color to the paint brush and tapped it fairly aggressively so the paint “splattered” across the card front. I added splatters using Tempting Turquoise and Tranquil Tide.
- The NEW Lovely Words Thinlits is the main focal point featuring the word “Hugs” outlined by a circle. I’ve completely fallen in love with these thinlits. Look how cool the circle looks when die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies. The stitching adds so much elegance to the simplicity of this card.
- Basic Black creates a stark, elegant silhouette against the watercolor background.
- The flowers used on the card are stamped using the NEW Lovely Friends Stamp Set and die cut with the coordinating Lovely Laurels Thinlits. One large flower stamped with Powder Pink is the anchor. Next, I added three smaller flowers which are stamped with Berry Burst.
- Finally, bling is added as the finishing touch. I’ve used the NEW Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the center of each flower. I’ve also added three rhinestones to the bottom left corner of the card. I love the new Rhinestone Basic Jewels! Bling it ON!
- The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
(photo coming soon)
- Don’t forget to visit the SUO! Challenges Blog to check out the creations from the other Design Team members!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!