Happy New Year celebrations with Balloon Adventures as we kick off a NEW Occasions Catalog. Yes, today is the arrival of the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog. Do you have a catalog? If not, send me a message with your mailing address and I will send you the Occasions Catalog along with the NEW Sale-A-Bration catalog.
Since it is Wednesday, it also means that I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew with a NEW Card Sketch Challenge! You are invited to check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on January 10, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Balloon Adventures Stamp Set
New Catalog Launch with Card Sketch 225
The Balloon Adventures Stamp Set is NEW and available TODAY in the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog! I’m so excited that the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog is finally live meaning you can now order the awesome NEW stamp sets such as Beautiful You, Lift me Up, Dragonfly Dreams and more!
When perusing the Occasions Catalog, the Balloon Adventures Stamp Set jumps out quickly as it is featured at the beginning of the catalog. I quickly fell in love with the sentiments, fun bright colors of the accessories and the fun Designer Series Paper. The Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits are also really cool. Finally, I love that this stamp set coordinates with the Balloon Bouquet Punch.
- Gather your tools! This card uses the Balloon Adventures Stamp Set, Thick Whisper White and Whisper White Cardstock, Tangerine Tango Cardstock, Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painters, Sandpaper, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Duet Banner Punch, Party Animal Designer Series Paper and Party Animal Designer Washi Tape.
- Choose your colors! I chose to use the following Classic Ink colors found in the Designer Series Paper: Crushed Curry, Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango
- Creating the Card… The Tangerine Tango card base is cut to 5-1/16″ x 4-1/16″ which is not the normal base layer used by most individuals. I’m an oddball when it comes to my layers! I love these measurements because I find it easier to place my layers straight. A small layer doesn’t leave enough space for layering while a wider layer makes it difficult for me to place layers without them being crooked. On the top layer, I cut the Whisper White to 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″.
- The Inner layer features Tangerine Tango cut to 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ and the Whisper White Layer is 2-5/16″ x 3-9/16″.
- On the inner layer, I stamped the Balloon Adventures string with the Pacific Point Ink then attached a small 3/8″ x 3-9/16″ strip of the Party Animal Designer Series Paper. Layered over the DSP, are two strips of Party Animal Designer Washi Tape.
- I stamped the balloon with Crushed Curry, punched it out using the Balloon Bouquet Punch then attached it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment is stamped with Tangerine Tango then punched out with the Duet Banner Punch. You’ll notice that I curved the sentiment which is one of the awesome features of using Photopolymer Stamp Sets.
- On the Thick Whisper White base layer, I used the Aqua Painter to wet an area then lightly rubbed the Pacific Point Watercolor Pencil across the sandpaper so “gritty” pieces of pencil shavings fell onto the wet area. Next, I lightly brushed with a flat paint brush to “smear” the color then I let it dry and tapped the excess shavings off the card.
- Attach the top card front layer to the base layer of the card.
Tips, Tricks and Techniques from Sunny Girl Scraps:
Don’t be afraid to try something new. I was perusing the techniques on SplitcoastStampers when I discovered the technique for the Watercolor Pencil on Sandpaper. The effect is really cool and you can add other colors to create “specks” of color on your paper. I do recommend using either Thick Whisper White or Watercolor Paper for this technique.
Here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
NOW is the time to JOIN my Stampin’ Up! team called the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!