I’m sending out a very Pretty Kitty Happy Birthday Wish to all my readers and followers. So, confession, I started out really well last year doing the #imbringingbirthdaysback campaign but then in June I started to fizzle! By July, it was all downhill and I was SO far behind. I even forgot to send my husband his Birthday Card! SO, now, it is a new year and a new opportunity. I’m going to try my best to get those handmade birthday cards sent out and if you would like to be on my birthday mailing list, then send me an email through my contact.
Now that I’ve announced I’m giving the #imbringingbirthdaysback another go! I have a sweet and very Pretty Kitty Happy Birthday Wish for the next Paper Craft Crew Challenge because it’s Wednesday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks Theme Challenge as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on January 17, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Pretty Kitty Happy Birthday Wish
#imbringingbirthdaysback PCC Challenge 226
Confession time! I’m a hoarder! I love to hoard the handmade cards that I make. My intention is to send them out but then I’m hit with a SQUIRREL moment and I become distracted. I seem to have these word bubbles that keep popping up in my brain with new and wondrous ideas but then the previous word bubble gets filed away in the chaos of my brains filing system. After several recent conversations, I’m discovering that I may very well have adult ADHD!
Recently, my son was diagnosed with ADHD. As my husband and I along with his teacher have observed his behavior I’ve certainly learned a lot about myself. There have been so many times in my life that I feel confused, distracted and like I have a jumbled mass of information coming at me from so many directions. While I work great under pressure and when I can isolate myself, I struggle to focus and complete tasks when there are lots of distractions. The distractions seem to have multiplied as I’ve gotten older. Honestly, I think some of what is going on has also been triggered by the arrival of early menopause in my life.
Plan and simple… It drives me insane!
See… now I’ve gone off on a total tangent. REFOCUS!
Cute Pretty Kitty Card!
The struggle was real for this challenge. Not because I didn’t love the challenge but because I wanted to use the background I had created a few weeks ago. I was playing around with some fun techniques and this finished background card front was sitting on my shelf in front of me calling out my name… It kept saying “finish me, make me into a card, you love this background.” But I didn’t want to cover it up yet I didn’t like any of my other ideas.
Finally, I settled on using the Pretty Kitty Stamp Set since I hadn’t used it yet and I do love the sweet kitty cats. Once I focused my energies on this stamp set the creative process started to flow. The card came together much better than I had planned.
How it came together:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White.
- I created the base card layer by using the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique. Here is the link to SplitcoastStampers: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/embossingfolderstamping/
- To quickly explain the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique, I used the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Using Daffodil Delight and Dapper Denim, I sponged color on the side of the folder that was raised (opposite side from the embossing folder logo) completely covering the folder with random areas of ink. Next, spritz with water and for a cool effect add some Wink of Stella to the water. Then press the watercolor paper onto the inked side after it has been spritzed and hold it there for about 5 seconds.
- The Pretty Kitty image is stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink on Watercolor Paper.
- I colored the Pretty Kitty image using an Aqua Painter touched to the tip of the Watercolor Pencils to pick up color then brushed the color on the image where I wanted color added. The finished image is die cut using the NEW Stitched Shapes Framelits that will now be available again on January 16, 2017! Next, I layered the die cut square onto the Dapper Denim scallop square cut using the Layering Square Framelits.
- The sentiment is stamped on Whisper White with Dapper Denim, die cut with the Layering Ovals then layered on Daffodil Delight scallop oval.
- As a finishing touch, I die cut three flowers using the Botanical Builder Framelits and added rhinestones.
- Embossing Folder Stamping Technique: When using the Embossing Folder Stamping Technique, do not close the folder. Carefully lay your paper onto the inked side, hold your hand on the paper to keep it in place and lightly rub so the paper soaks up the water. Then carefully life the paper straight up. Set aside to let it dry.
- Watercolor Pencils: There are many techniques for using Watercolor Pencils. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Stitched Shapes Framelits: DO NOT WAIT to order yours! Order $50.00 in product between now and March 31, 2017 and receive a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
Here is this weeks Theme Challenge with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks challenge and post to the blog! Everyone needs to have a stack of Birthday Cards on hand so what better reason that to make and share a birthday card with the Paper Craft Crew.
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I’m actively building my Stampin’ Up! team and invite you to join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!