Hello and welcome to the “All About Men” One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop. Yes, this month we are celebrating the MEN in our lives! Masculine cards can definitely be a challenge sometimes but we all need to remember to celebrate the men in our lives and Father’s Day is just around the corner.
So, check out the June 2017 One Stamp At A Time All About Men blog hop. Remember, on the 2nd Thursday of each month starting at 6:30 AM EST, we feature a new theme. I hope you are inspired.
All About Men
Pieces & Patterns Wild About You Card
I’m excited to finally be playing with the Pieces & Patterns Stamp Set. This stamp set immediately caught my attention, so I bought it but then I’ve struggled to use it. I keep pulling it out but then set it aside when I’m not inspired. Today, I was determined to use the Pieces & Patterns Stamp Set.
The card turned out exactly as I had hoped! I love the Lemon Lime Twist paired with Basic Black. It’s so striking! So, yes, I’m Wild About You and want to let that special guy know how much I am wild about him!
PROJECT #1 – Wild About You Card Details
- WOW! Did someone hit me on the head? I’ve actually used Basic Black for the card base with a Whisper White piece layered on the inside.
- The border layer of the card is Lemon Lime Twist which is very striking against the Basic Black!
- I used Whisper White for the top layer stamped with Lemon Lime Twist Classic Ink featuring the “Wild About You” from the Pieces & Patterns Stamp Set. To align the sentiment and stamp multiple times, I did use the Misti.
- The bears are stamped using Basic Black Archival Ink then I took the time to actually fussy cut each bear.
- Next, I made a Basic Black banner then placed the three bears on the banner.
- For the finishing touch, I added the Basic Black Metallic Thread.
Badges & Banners Treat Bag
Treat bags are a great way to give a special little treat. You can fill the bag with candy, a cookie or even a gift card! I actually like to use the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits for gift cards. Today’s 3D project for the All About Men OSAT Blog Hop also features the NEW Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack paired with the Badges & Banners Stamp Set. This would be a fun Treat Bag for the kids to give dad on Father’s Day!
PROJECT #2 – Badges & Banners Treat Bag Details
- This fun bag features the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack paired with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. It is a bright and cheerful treat bag.
- At the moment, I’m all about the Belly Band! I used Dapper Denim card stock to create a belly band then added the Burlap Ribbon for a rustic, masculine feel.
- The Badges & Banners Stamp Set is the perfect compliment to the bag. I stamped the badge with Dapper Denim then punched it out with the Best Badge Punch.
- Next, I stamped the No. 1 with Crushed Curry then punched it out with the 1 3/8″ Circle Punch.
- The circle is layered over the badge with Silver Metallic Thread added as an accent.
- Finally, I added the Dapper Denim Baker’s Twine tied around the Burlap Ribbon.
OSAT BLOG HOP CONTINUES…
For the next blog, you’ll be visiting Maria Willis! I’m sure she will wow your socks off! You can also click on the next button or go to the blog roll at the bottom of this post.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!