I’m back with the Stamp, Ink Paper Challenge as a guest designer and I’m featuring the NEW Post Script Background Stamp! When I saw this stamp, I just had to have it especially as someone that loves to travel. Growing up, my parents instilled a love of travel whether it was going camping or flying somewhere. You see, I was lucky enough to have a dad that worked for a major airline which meant I could take a flight just about anywhere in the world. It is a benefit I definitely took advantage of all the way through college. Some day, I actually hope to visit all 50 states along with Puerto Rico. There are not too many more states that I need to visit and I mean more than just driving through or being in the airport!
Well, back to this weeks SIP103 Sketch Challenge. The Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge has a great sketch. It is clean and simple in design which really opens participants up to interpretation. I love the Country Livin’ Stamp Set and felt it went perfectly with the Post Script Stamp. Badges & Banners is another favorite Stamp Set. Yesterday, I noticed that What Will You Stamp 120 “WWYS120” has a challenge using the Badges & Banners Stamp Set so I’m also playing along with that challenge.
Post Script Travels
Stamp Ink Paper Challenge 103
This week the extent of my travels with Caleb only takes me along the route to Swim Camp! We signed him up for Swim Camp last year and he had so much fun that we knew we had to do it again this year. So, I’m getting up EARLY to drive 40 to 45 minutes in RUSH HOUR traffic to make certain he arrives by 8:00 AM then I do the trip again to get him between 4:30 to 5 PM. This morning he told me he was scared when we arrived at swim camp so I took more time with him before I left but when I showed up to take him home he didn’t want to leave. It seems I arrived too early so tomorrow I’ll be just a tad later.
In a few weeks, Caleb and I will continue our travel adventures with a longer trip as we head to Minnesota. I’m excited to have a friend and fellow stamper join me for part of the trip. Vicki Hole is going to join me up until I drop her off in Madison, WI. We are also hoping to visit with another demonstrator that lives in Indiana. That is another reason I love to travel… hitting the road or flying somewhere means I get to meet new people and hang out with new friends. It is all about the experience.
Craft~N~Relax Retreats going to Virginia Beach, VA!
Monday has been busy and very productive. I’m so excited about the Craft ~N~ Relax retreat I’m hosting in Virginia Beach, VA at the Best Western Plus – Sandcastle the weekend of October 27 – 29th. This weekend I finished my flyer, completed a blog post and started getting the word out. I also completed a chunk of Thank You cards to send out that are seriously WAY to late… but they are done!
The Craft ~N~ Relax Retreat is another opportunity to travel, get together with friends, celebrate the love of crafting and relax. If you live in Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, or Maryland… I would LOVE to invite you to join me the weekend of October 27 to 29th. For that matter, it doesn’t matter WHERE you live and if you want to make the trip I would LOVE to spoil you in Virginia Beach, VA. Here is my blog post about the event or you click on the events tab for details:
Yes! I was excited to see this weeks sketch for SIP103! Clean and Simple with lots of room for interpretation. There are so many options. The SIP103 Sketch is a very versatile sketch. Challenges, especially sketches, are a great way to help you grow with your stamping.
A Sketch gives you a starting place… It is your map to creativity. Take a look at this weeks sketch and let your creativity go wild! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks sketch, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to the Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge blog using the InLinkz provided at the end of the blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is Card Sketch 103 for Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge Blog. For additional inspiration, go visit the Stamp, Ink Paper Challenge blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. Head to your craft room and create away using this weeks sketch. I know I can’t wait to see how you are inspired. The challenge ends on Sunday, June 18th @ 8 PM EST.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer features the 2016-2018 In Color Dapper Denim. This is a truly awesome blue!
- I used the Post Script Background Stamp with Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake stamped on Shimmer White card stock.
- The Country Livin’ Stamp Set features a great set of Cowboy Boots. I love to watercolor these boots. The boots are colored with the Early Espresso Watercolor Pencil then I used an Aqua Painter to blend as well as create the shading on the boots. The strap is Dapper Denim classic ink colored in using the Aqua Painter.
- Behind the boots, I used the Badges & Banners Stamp Set to set off the boots with linen thread wrapped like a lasso in the background. The badge is stamped with Dapper Denim then punched out with the Best Badge punch.
- In the upper left corner, I added the sentiment. The sentiment is from the Pieces & Patterns Stamp Set which I cut into strips.
- Finally, the card is finished off with Metallic Enamel Shapes!
- The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 make certain you use the monthly Hostess Code: 4CCCNW72
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!