I’m bringing you some sweet, Cool Treats from North Carolina as we hit an unseasonable warm day today! We’ve gone from 20 to 75 degrees in ONE DAY! And, tomorrow is going to bring us back down to reality. So, in the meantime, I’m back for CYCI! Yes, It’s Sunday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Can You Case It? Challenge Blog for the Bi-weekly Challenge! Come on over and check out the new challenge as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, January 6, 2017 @ Noon PST. This is a THREE week challenge!
Sweet Cool Treat Sneak Peek
Sketch Challenge CYCI#143
I have a secret… this girl has a MAJOR sweet tooth and I LOVE Ice Cream although I don’t eat it every night like my husband does! So, today I’m thrilled to be sharing another Cool Treat sneak peek from the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog. This stamp set with coordinating Framelits is awesome and lets me enjoy this awesome Cool Treat without the calories! The best part is how the images are cut out by the Framelits so there is no outline which is perfect for this set. Today’s sketch was perfect for this CYCI 143 Sketch Challenge.
This card sketch is clean and simple. Easily re-creatable, fun and a great card.
- Card Base: I love using the Thick Whisper White card stock for a good, sturdy base. Don’t forget… EVERY card needs to start with a sturdy base. Colored cardstock is great but I really love the pristine look of a White or Vanilla card base and that also means I don’t need to add an extra layer inside.
- Card Front Layers: Soft colors called out to me so I started with a base layer of Pool Party card stock layered with Whisper White.
- Card Elements: The first element of the card design is the banner behind the focal point. I love glimmer paper and I had a bunch laying around after a Tag Class so decided to use the Silver Glimmer paper as a banner in the background. Next, I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits layered on a Layering Oval scallop cut from Pool Party to coordinate with the base card front layer. Following with the CYCI 143 Sketch, I used the strawberry die cut from the Frozen Treats Framelits and placed a cute little strawberry where the banner and oval intersect.
- Stamped Elements: The Cool Treats stamp set features the two-step stamping technique. Two-Step stamping is fun and so easy which allows the stamper to create dimension with layers of ink. The cone is stamped with Crumb Cake with the solid cone image then stamped again with the “striped” cone image also using Crumb Cake which shows up darker when stamped over the first layer. Next, I stamped the solid Ice Cream image with Peekaboo Peach then stamped the “shadow” images on the Ice Cream also with the Peekaboo Peach. At the base of the card, I stamped the sentiment with Watermelon Wonder then on the inside I stamped Happy Birthday.
- Finishing Touches: All the elements were brought together and layered to create the full vignette. Attached to the back of the ice cream cone with snail adhesive is Silver Metallic Thread then the cone is attached to the layering oval element with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Can You Case It? Card Sketch 143
Here is the current Can You Case It? challenge. This is a THREE Week Challenge. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not visit Can You Case It, then create a card inspired by the Sketch and post to the blog!
If you love my project and love the products that I have used, please consider supporting me and placing an order today! All products use are Stampin’ Up! To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!