I Scream You Scream, we all scream for Ice Scream with a Cool Treat Sneak Peek as I’m over with the Paper Craft Crew. Yes, It’s Wednesday and you know what that means… The Paper Craft Crew has a new Card Sketch Challenge! Check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, April 20th at 1:00 PM EST.
Cool Treats Sneak Peek
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch Challenge 223
My husband LOVES Ice Cream. In fact, he loves it so much that he has a bowl of Ice Cream EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! Yes, Ice Cream is his favorite treat. When I received the Cool Treats Stamp Set from Onstage – Atlanta, I was so excited. This is such a fun stamp set and the bundle makes it even better.
Today’s card features three scrumptious scoops of Peach Ice Cream, Strawberry and Mint Ice Cream doused with Chocolate Syrup. Did I mention that my husband also LOVES chocolate? His nightly bowl of Ice Cream also includes a good dose of Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup. We should honestly have stock in Hershey with the amount of Chocolate Syrup we go through between Mike, Caleb and I.
The only way you can purchase this bundle, earn early Sale-A-Bratin and purchase from the 2017 Occasions Catalog today is by joining my Stampin’ Up! team called the Sunny Craftin’ Crew. My team is growing and I would LOVE to have you join the fun with me. Click HERE to join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew today. Honestly, being able to order a month early (and even earlier if you attend OnStage) is an amazing benefit offered to Stampin’ Up! demonstrators.
So, you really want the details on this card! This Cool Treat of scrumptiousness involves 7 steps.
- Step 1: Cut your card base and card front layers. I use the Thick Whisper White (140272) for all my card bases because it is amazing and perfect for handmade cards. The base layer to the card is Pool Party and is cut to 5-1/16″ x 4-1/16″ which is not the normal base layer used by most individuals. I’m an oddball when it comes to my layers! I love these measurements because I find it easier to place my layers straight. A small layer doesn’t leave enough space for layering while a wider layer makes it difficult for me to place layers without them being crooked. On the top layer, I cut the Whisper White to 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″.
- Step 2: Stamp the background on the Whisper White card front layer with Pool Party Ink using the Perpetual Birthday Calendar background stamp.
- Step 3: Attach a 3/4″ x 5-1/8″ strip of Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper then wrap Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine around the card twice and finish it off with a bow.
- Step 4: Stamp the sentiment with Peekaboo Peach at the bottom right corner of the card front layer.
- Step 5: Using the Frozen Treat Framelits, cut out the Ice Cream bowl from the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper.
- Step 6: Stamp the Ice Cream. Use whatever color you like that represents your favorite flavors. I used Pink Pirouette, Peekaboo Peach and Pool Party then cut them out using the Frozen Treat Framelits. Chocolate Chip classic ink was used to stamp the “Chocolate” drizzle layer which is also cut out using the Frozen Treat Framelits.
- Step 6: Assemble each Ice Cream Scoop and attach to the bowl. Finish off your Cool Treats goodness with a Cherry!
- Step 7: For the finishing touch, I added silver hearts from the Metallic Enamel Shapes. The silver hearts were perfect way to showcase our “love” for Ice Cream.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders from Sunny Girl Scraps:
- Sale-A-Bration is COMING! Have you received a copy of the 2017 Occasions Catalog along with the Sale-A-Bration brochure? If NOT, contact me today to request a catalog from me. THEY are FREE to NEW contacts. If you are a customer and placed an order this past year then the catalog is also free to you but I’ve you haven’t placed an order in the past year, the catalog is $5.00 and includes a $5.00 coupon to be applied towards a future order when you order directly from me (check details on the coupon for placing an order).
- Join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! Don’t want to WAIT? Then join my team and you’ll receive all the goodies you want from the Occasions Catalog NOW along with FREE Sale-A-Bration products.
Here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog!
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
I’m actively building my Stampin’ Up! team and invite you to join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!