Today I’m coming to you from Northern Minnesota as a guest stamper on the What Will You Stamp Challenge 123 featuring the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set. I was selected as a challenge winner recently and am honored to be a guest stamper using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set. I’ve also been traveling and made a short whirlwind trip to Colorado from North Carolina while on my way to Minnesota. Yes, I definitely took the roundabout path to Minnesota but I had so much fun meeting up in person with one of my stamping sisters. Andrea Tracy-Tucker graciously invited Caleb and I to stay with her in Wray, CO. It was so fun and I can’t wait to go back. Next time we will stay a few days longer and definitely get in some horseback riding. Caleb loved helping with Andrea’s horse.
Happy Birthday Gorgeous
What Will You Stamp Challenge 123
If you are a mom to a Special Needs child, you understand there are certain moments that just bring you so much joy. While visiting Andrea, I had one of those moments. Caleb doesn’t have a lot of friends and there isn’t anyone in our neighborhood that he plays with. In fact, I have a hard time getting him to go outside to play.
On the day we arrived in Wray, CO, there was a storm that dumped a bunch of water on my friends house leaving behind some good sized puddles. Caleb was a little shy but quickly warmed up to Andrea and her three kids. Wesley, Joshua and Taryn quickly embraced Caleb into the family. All the kids were excited about the big mud puddle from the rain and couldn’t wait to run through it. Caleb was very timid about running through the puddle but Taryn quickly took his hand and had him running through it with her. Then Josh had Caleb full-out into the mud puddle splashing away. It was wonderful seeing him be a KID and playing with other kids his age. Thank you Andrea for hosting us and making Caleb’s stay so special.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Whisper White with a piece of Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack in Lemon Lime Twist at the top.
- On the top Whisper White layer, I stamped flowers using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Stamp Set using Calypso Coral and Lemon Lime Twist for the leaves.
- I used the coordinating Happy Birthday Thinlits from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle for the sentiment.
- I’ve had many people ask how I do the Happy Birthday. My favorite technique is to die cut three of the same die, glue them together then using versamark, you ink up the die cut then heat emboss repeating the versamark and heat embossing three times. I used clear embossing powder. This makes the die much thicker and sturdier.
- Behind the Happy Birthday, I added Silver Metallic Thread.
- The finishing touch is the addition of Enamel Shapes.
- Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount? Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all! The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW! Get started today! Contact me today or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!