It may not feel like spring is in the air but Springtime has arrived with a floral thank you card. Spring is about new growth as the trees start to bud and flowers start to show their splendor. This is my favorite time of the year even as my allergies start to go wonky. So, join me in celebrating the arrival of spring with the Third Thursday Blog Hop.
Spring has Sprung
Springy Floral Thank You Card
Florals are always popular and today’s card features the Needle & Thread Stamp Set which is unique as it features cross-stitch patterns. I wanted a quick card so I’ve used a classic layout to create a clean and simple, yet elegant Thank You Card. From a strip of the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper and a small pop of Berry Burst card stock to the crisp Whisper White, I was able to create this card fairly quickly.
I sometimes have a tendency to over think my designs. The ideas float around in my head and I love to experiment but new designs can take me hours to create. Meanwhile, I know sticking to a tried and true layout will get the job done. How about you? Do you have a tried and true layout that you love to use?
Needle & Thread Springy Floral Thank You Card
As my style has evolved over the years, I find myself drawn to clean, crisp lines and especially a Whisper White card base. The Thick Whisper White is such an amazingly awesome product! It’s sturdy! I’m also a fan of using the Stampin’ Dimensionals to create multiple layers that “POP” and show depth. If there is one thing I can tell you and that I hope you’ll take away from this post is that you NOT be afraid to use multiple layers of Stampin’ Dimensionals on your projects. This thank you card easily features FOUR… Yes, 4 layers of Stampin’ Dimensionals!
SunnyGirlScraps Tips & Project Details:
- The card base is Thick Whisper White! Trimmed to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″.
- Adhere a 5 1/2″ by 1″ strip of the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper to the left edge of the card base. I prefer using the Tombo Multipurpose glue so I can slide it around so it is up against the edge.
- I cut a card front measuring 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and adhered a 5 1/2″ x 1/2″ strip of Berry Burst card stock to the backside of the Whisper White which is then adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp Large flower with Flirty Flamingo ink.
- I then stamped the leafy background with Old Olive Ink.
- Die cut each piece out using the Needlepoint Elements Framelits.
- I stamped the Thank You sentiment with Tranquil Tide and hand cut the strips.
- To the back of the leafy background, I added the Rose Metallic Thread then adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Now, I adhered the flower to the leafy background with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I’ve attached the sentiment to the flower using the Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I finish the card by adding some Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.
Blog Hop Continued…
To continue with the next blog on the Third Thursday Blog Hop, you’ll want to visit Kim Morris! I’m certain you’ll enjoy the projects she has to share with you! To view her blog, you can click on her name or on the Next Button below.