I’m so excited to be one of the newest members of The Card Concept Design Team and today I’m sharing my first card featuring Spring Has Sprung with the Bike Ride Stamp Set! While our theme is Spring has Sprung… here in North Carolina nature is playing a cruel trick with the threat of snow. I’m still in shock. This is unheard of in the 10 years I’ve lived here. While I don’t mind the snow helping reduce the pollen floating around, I would love to see the actual arrival of spring. Spring really is my favorite season especially here in North Carolina!
Spring has Sprung with Bike Ride Stamp Set
The Card Concept Challenge #89
Here is the inspirational photo for The Card Concept Challenge #89 featuring a Spring Has Sprung Theme. As I was planning my card, I had a few ideas. I didn’t want to use flowers although that was my back up plan. And, there are still flowers on the card. The first thought I had when I saw the image was actually the Bike Ride Stamp Set featuring Yellow, Pool Party and Smoky Slate.
Your probably thinking… How the heck did she come up with using a bike on the card with this concept photo?
Well, looking at this photo, my imagination went wild. The bright background made me think of a beautiful, sunny day. Who want’s to be sitting at a desk on a beautiful Spring Day? The photo just evoked a feeling of riding a bike so the Bike Ride Stamp Set was perfect for this card.
Bike Ride Carefree Card
Here is my Bike Ride Carefree Card! The card features a “brick” wall I created using the Shimmery White Embossing Paste mixed with Smoky Slate Reinker. I’ve used soft colors to evoke the feel of a warm, spring day.
The bike is a soft, Pool Party with Smoky Slate and a cute little So Saffron Basket. I added a little bouquet of spring flowers to the basket. Washi Tape along the edge and the sentiment also help contribute to the overall feel of going outside to enjoy a spring day.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- I use Thick Whisper White Cardstock for the card base!
- The card front is Whisper White cardstock cut to 3 7/8″ x 4 7/8″. Next, I use the Envelope Punch Board to round two corners.
- Mix the Shimmery White Embossing Paste with 2 drops of Smoky Slate Reinker. Now, place the brick pattern from the Pattern Party Decorative Masks over your Whisper White base layer and apply embossing paste. Remove mask and set aside to dry.
- Next, I add Washi Tape along the upper left edge of the card front!
- Stamp the frame of the bike from the Bike Ride Stamp Set using Pool Party. Then add the seat, handle bars and peddle using Smoky Slate. The bike frame is die cut using the Build A Bike Framelits.
- The wheels were stamped next using Smoky Slate for the tire and spokes and I added the rim detail with the Pool Party. Die cut the wheels using the Build A Bike Framelits. Assemble the bike.
- Now, I die cut the basket out of So Saffron cardstock and attached it to the bike frame.
- The flowers are stamped using Old Olive, Powder Pink and Pool Party. Again, the flowers are die cut using the Build A Bike Framelits. Attach the bouquet behind the bike basket.
- Take a 1″ x 4″ strip of Vellum Cardstock and punch the fishtail end with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Adhere Vellum Cardstock to the back of the bike.
- Now, adhere the Silver Metallic Thread and Silver Mini Sequins to the back of the bike.
- Attach bike to the card layer overlapping the embossed portion. It’s OK if the bike goes over the edge of your layer.
- Using Pool Party, stamp your sentiment with the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set.
- Finally, hand cut your sentiment in strips and attach to the card front layer. I like to layer the sentiments over the Washi Tape.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: XP9XGQAN
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Join the Crew! Become a member of the SUNNY CRAFTIN’ CREW today!
- TIME is RUNNING OUT! There is LESS than 2 weeks remaining to join… THIS is NOT a gimmick! There are NO strings attached. Join for the fun and be part of a wonderful, inspiring crafty community! Don’t like it, then just let it drop BUT you get to keep everything without any penalties.
- I would love 3 more people to join my awesome team!
- SO, HAVE you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a crew member by joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets from the ANNUAL CATALOG (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You’ll save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part an incredible online community.
- Join Stampin’ Up! today and experience the fun!
- I would love to introduce you to my group! I love the CREW! This is an AMAZING opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. Fill out the Contact Form Below or better yet, JOIN NOW!
- When you join my team you also help me out! I’m really trying to earn my FIRST incentive trip especially since this is the trip where every person in my family would be celebrating milestone birthdays! Mike and I will be celebrating the BIG 5 – OH (eek!) and Caleb would be celebrating a double-digit birthday as he turns 10 (double EEK)!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!