I’m so excited about this adorable card featuring the adorable lion from A Little Wild Stamp Set! The lion features the Stampin’ Blends, along with many of my favorite Stampin’ Up! products.
This week over at the Paper Craft Crew we have a color challenge. Come on over and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, March 27, 2018 @ 1:00 PM EST.
A Little Wild About You Card
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #285
I can’t believe Easter is only 1 1/2 weeks! March is going to be gone in a flash and we’ll be into April. And, as we come to the close of March, the Paper Craft Crew has a Color Challenge that perfectly fits into the colors of Spring and Easter. Oh, Happy Spring by the way! I hope your first day of spring doesn’t involve snow.
This card features a unique use of the Beautiful Peacock Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set! If you look closely, I use it on the Whisper White card front layer. I stamped a background with the one feather that somewhat reminds me of Wheat waving in the air. Don’t you think it turned out really cute?
- I use Thick Whisper White cardstock. It’s my go-to card base!
- The card front base layer is So Saffron cut to 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 5″ x 3 3/4″.
- Now, stamp the “feather” stamp from Beautiful Peacock with So Saffron.
- Take a 1/2″ x 5″ strip of the Soft Sky colored Naturally Eclectic DSP and attach it to the Whisper White card front.
- Attach card front to the So Saffron card front base layer.
- Stamp the Lion from A Little Wild Stamp Set with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink.
- Next, use the Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Bronze Stampin’ Blends to color the Lion. The Lion’s Mane is a blend of Dark Pumpkin Pie, Bronze and Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends.
- Die Cut the Lion using the Little Loves Framelits. Cut the back of the lion tag off.
- Stamp the banner using Birthday Banner Stamp Set with Wisteria Wonder Ink on Wisteria Wonder cardstock.
- Now, cut out the banner using the Bunch of Banners Framelits.
- Cut a circle from So Saffron cardstock with the Stitched Shape Framelits.
- On Whisper White cardstock, stamp the Wild About You sentiment with Tempting Turquoise Ink.
- Next, die cut the sentiment with the smallest circle from the Stitched Shape Framelits.
- Attach sentiment to the So Saffron Stitched Circle.
- In addition, add the lion to the Stitched Circles using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Gold Metallic Thread and Gold Mini Sequin Trim to the back of the So Saffron Stitched Circle.
- Attach the circles to the Wisteria Wonder Banner.
- Adhere the Banner with the lion to the card front.
- Finally, the perfect finishing touch is the addition of the Gold Metallic Enamel Shapes.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
It’s time for a Color Challenge with the Paper Craft Crew! I think you are going to enjoy this color combo with the “official” arrival of Spring. I hope you’ll join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks colors, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Card Sketch #285 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. So, go check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
- So, you know you want the adorable “A Little Wild Bundle! Go now… purchase the products used today by visiting my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store. Click HERE to order NOW! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: XP9XGQAN
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!