I love rustic and today I’m sharing this Wood Words Rustic Floral Card featuring the Wood Words Stamp set along with a new set that will be available in the 2018-2019 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. This past week has been rough as I’ve been recovering from my trip to OnStage in Atlanta then Caleb gots sick with a 24-hour bug that I also caught from him. So, I’m excited to be back today and finally feeling better.
The Paper Craft Crew would like to invite you to play along with the Rustic Floral Challenge. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, April 24th at 1:30 PM EST.
Wood Words Rustic Floral Card
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #288
There is so much happening right now with Stampin’ Up! Lots of awesome NEW product is coming including NEW colors! Thirteen colors are being retired and a revamp is being done. I’m so in love with the changes as it really brings new life to all of the colors. Oh, and the Ink Pad style is changing! I absolutely LOVE the new ink pads. They are much easier to open. I’ll be doing a post about them tomorrow.
You might be wondering about the “floral” in the Rustic Floral theme. Today’s card focuses more on the rustic. But, take a close look and you’ll find a floral pattern on today’s card. The focus is on a simple card with a very rustic appeal.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More…
- The card base is Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Cut the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack to 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the card front layer.
- Next, I took the Pool Party Ink Pad and directly dragged the ink across the paper for a subtle blue tone. This is a fun technique to add extra color to backgrounds.
- Using the floral stamp included with the Wood Words Stamp Set, stamp along the top edge of the paper with Early Espresso Ink.
- Stamp the double banner from the Birthday Banners Stamp Set with Tranquil Tide Ink on Tranquil Tide cardstock and die cut using the Bunch of Banners Framelits.
- Attach the banner to the card front.
- Stamp the So Many Smiles image with Soft Suede on Very Vanilla Cardstock then die cut using and oval shape from the Stitched Shape Framelits.
- Once the oval is die cut, add the Copper Metallic Thread and Copper Trim to the back of the oval.
- Attach the oval to the card front by placing the oval over the banner.
- To finish the card, stamp the rooster with Lovely Lipstick then die cut with the coordinating Wood Crate Framelits.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
Oh, I love a fun theme challenge. The Rustic Floral is a great, versatile theme and I can’t wait to see what you create! Challenges, such as themes, are a great way to stretch yourself especially within set parameters. Now, join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks Rustic Floral Theme, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks inspirational photo for the Rustic Floral Theme Challenge #288. You can also visit the Paper Craft Crew blog for more ideas. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
Shop Now… New Products in the Clearance Rack!
- Place an order today! Stampin’ Up! just added NEW items to the Clearance Rack so check it out before they sell out.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE!
- For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: 4VDUF63D
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.