Oh, it’s that time of year as kids are heading Back to School! Over the next few weeks you’ll really start to see LOTS of those First Day of School photos. As a parent, I’m excited on several different levels. I’m excited to see my son finding his way in this world by exploring his surroundings, and making new discoveries. A bit of me is sad to see my baby growing up… I want to hold him, love him and kiss his sweet little face. But, NO, I want him to grow, explore, discover and find his place in this world! I want him to succeed. As a mom to a child with special needs, there are lots of hurdles and struggles to overcome.
So, it’s Wednesday, and the Paper Craft Crew has a new Theme Challenge! Check out the fun ideas submitted by the Design Team. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, August 30, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Back To School
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #257
Caleb heads back to school on Monday. We know that the Exceptional Children’s teacher will be Ms. Gerrell for the 3rd year in a row. We love Ms. G. She is amazing and has the patience of a saint. Last year I missed a few opportunities to really show our appreciation for her hard work. This year, I have a couple of fun Back To School treats planned.
In the meantime, there is an open house “Teacher Meet & Greet” on Thursday but we are still waiting to find out who his Mainstream 2nd Grade teacher will be. Supposedly the assignments were finished yesterday. Ms. G usually has some say in which mainstream class the Exceptional Students are placed in for Enhancements but for 2nd Grade she told us she usually doesn’t provide much input as she finds all the 2nd Grade Teachers are equally wonderful with the EC Kids. SO… we wait!
Back To School Card
I had fun making this card. When I first realized the theme for this week, I really had NO idea what I was going to do for a project. I considered doing a 3D project but didn’t have what I wanted so decided to stick with a card. We are currently prepping our son for the start of the school year. Our desire is to get him excited to see Ms. G again and having him give Ms. G a card along with a gift helps set a tone for him. Caleb definitely looks forward to seeing Ms. G and the Teacher Assistant, Ms. Kim.
The card features three stamp sets. You’ll see that I’ve used Pieces & Patterns, World’s Best Trophy and In This World Stamp Sets. While staring at my stamp sets seeking inspiration, I was excited to see that Pieces & Pattern’s had a pencil. Pencil’s are an iconic part of going back to school.
Teachers are people that make a positive difference in this world. I love the sentiment from the In This World Stamp Set. It is perfect for the Back To School card. Ms G. is definitely making a difference with our son.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
It’s a THEME week! The options are endless. Themes are a fun way to really express yourself and think outside the box. A Sketch gives you a starting place… It is your map to creativity. Take a look at this weeks sketch and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks theme, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Theme Challenge #257 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Pacific Point.
- On the top Whisper White layer, I stamped the background using Daffodil Delight Classic Ink using the Pieces & Patterns Stamp Set. The pencil is stamped repeatedly in a row down the side of the top layer.
- The Sentiment is stamped with Smoky Slate on Whisper White then die cute with the Stitched Shapes Framelits oval with a portion of the oval off the edge of the paper.
- I stamped the “Teacher” from the World’s Best Trophy Stamp Set with Real Red on a strip of Whisper White layered behind Real Red Card Stock.
- The finishing touch was the addition of Basic Black Metallic Thread behind the banner.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code:
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for any of the items used on today’s project:
Appendectomy Special – Trying to earn the Alaskan Cruise!
- I would LOVE to earn my first Stamping’ Up! Incentive Trip. That is WHY I’m offering a special ORDER incentive! There is something for everyone! Place an order under $150.00 and use the Hostess Code. Orders over $150.00 should NOT use the hostess code since I KNOW you’ll also want to receive the hostess benefits you earn.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!