This week I’m bringing you some Lemon Zest because it’s been a doozy of a week! Yes, When Life Gives YOU Lemons CHUCK them right back. Life recently got a little crazy for me. I’m just glad that I was at home when the craziness landed me on my way to the Emergency Room… Read on!
So, I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! I honestly didn’t think I would be participating this week. The Paper Craft Crew has another great sketch challenge. Come on over and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, June 22, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Lemon Zest… When Life Gives you Lemons!
Sunday of last week I had some sharp pain on my right side. Me… Awe, it’s nothing! But, it wasn’t.
I feel BLAH. So, I take Caleb to Swim Camp then head home and relax. While chatting with my friend Andrea, I tell her my stomach hurts and she tells me to go to the Dr. because it sounds like Appendicitis. DENIAL! Yes, I laughed it off.
Still feeling like crap but not “that” bad. Again, I take Caleb to swim camp, stop for a Chai Tea Latte which is THE ONLY food item that sounds good and doesn’t make me feel sick. Then I arrive home and I can’t stop shivering so I crawl into bed with extra blankets and take a 3 hour nap. Wake up, make a card, finish blog post and pick up Caleb from Swim Camp. That night Mike ditches me because I’m burning up but NOT before telling me to go to the DOCTOR in the morning.
OK, I take Caleb to Swim Camp and called the Doctors office for an appointment and they were able to get me in early. The Physician Assistant actually thinks it might be a Kidney Stone. Oh, I can handle that! So, I’m sent off for a CT Scan. I’m just about to leave the parking lot from the Health Complex when the Doctor calls and tells me to meet him at the Clinic Door as the clinic is closed for lunch.
OH NO… This IS NOT GOOD! I walk in the door and the Doctor tells me I’m having Emergency Surgery to remove my appendix. Dang! So, I call Mike and share the bad news. Mike and I agreed to meet at the house so he could drive me to the Hospital which thankfully is not far from the Swim Camp. By 6:00 PM, I was on my way to the Operating Room to have my appendix removed.
We honestly thought I would be discharged sometime on Thursday, but that wouldn’t be the case. It seems “If life gives you lemons” it would be nice to Chuck Them Right Back! I know I certainly would have LOVED to have chucked them back. After I awoke, I discovered that I had a drainage port which meant that there was some “seepage” and my appendix was closer to rupturing than expected. My intestines also decided to shut down completed for 3 days!
A Bit of Lemon Zest
Today’s card is in honor of my unexpected trip to the Emergency Room and Appendectomy. A little Lemon Zest can go a long ways in cheering you up and helping with recovery. I was so excited to be discharged on Sunday from the Hospital. The remainder of Sunday was spent relaxing and trying to keep the animals off of me. Monday, a friend came over and kept me company in the morning after Mike left for work and took Caleb to YMCA Camp. Yesterday, I managed to make my way to the craft room to create this fun card with a Lemon Zest theme in honor of my Appendectomy.
Tomorrow I’ll be announcing my Appendectomy Special! Yes, I’m making a last minute PUSH to earn the Alaskan Cruise from Stampin’ Up! but I NEED YOUR HELP! I’m SO close yet SO far away from earning the Stampin’ Up! Alaskan Cruise. I also need lots of rest and had to cancel all the classes planned / scheduled for the next three weeks so NOW you will be the lucky recipient.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
Here is this weeks Sketch! There are lots of options. It is a very versatile sketch. Challenges, especially sketches, are a great way to help you grow with your stamping. A Sketch gives you a starting place… It is your map to creativity. Take a look at this weeks sketch and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks sketch, post it to your blog or on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Card Sketch #256 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Daffodil Delight.
- On the top Whisper White layer, I stamped the background with Pool Party Classic Ink using the Playful Backgrounds Stamp Set.
- I then added Washi Tape using the Basic Pack 3 Washi Tape and added a banner created by using a strip of Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack.
- I stamped the lemon using the Lemon Zest Stamp Set which is punched out with the coordinating Lemon Builder Punch. The leaves are stamped with Lemon-Lime Twist.
- The Sentiment is stamped with Basic Black on the lemon.
- I then added Enamel Shapes for the finishing touch.
- On the inside of the card, I stamped “Chuck Them Right Back!”
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: QP67SVGF
Project Supply List!
- Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!