The Tranquil Tulip Stamp Set was perfect for today’s Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge 255. I was so glad this weeks sketch was fairly easy and perfect for a Clean and Simple “CAS” card. Caleb and I have been home since Saturday afternoon. We are thrilled to be home. However, I’ve not been feeling well. I woke up Monday morning with abdominal pain. It has knocked me out so ALL my plans to get back to my craft room to craft and making the last dash to earning the Alaska Cruise Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip have taken a bit of a hit. I would LOVE to take my husband on the Alaskan Cruise but I would need your help to earn it.
Since it is Wednesday, you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! This week we have a fun, Clean and Simply style Sketch Challenge. Come on over and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Tranquil Tulip CAS
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #255
I’m so thankful that the Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge 255 is perfect for a Clean and Simple Card. I was able to put this card together in less than 30 minutes! Having abdominal pain isn’t conducive to creating. Using Tranquil Tulip Stamp Set was an easy decision. The card sketch paired with the Tranquil Tulip stamp set is the perfect showcase of elegant with a Clean and Simple card. Featured products also include the Basics Pack 2 Washi Tape and the NEW Starburst Punch.
Clean and Simple Tranquil Tulip Showcase
The Tranquil Tulip Hostess Stamp Set is perfect for creating showcase type cards. Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. They are colorful, bright and cheerful. Did you know that there are over 150 species and over 4,000 varieties of Tulips? WOW! The flower buds are also known to be almost perfectly symmetrical. Tulips are also the symbol for love, passion, perfect lovers and romance.
Today’s card beautifully features one simple, elegant Yellow Tulip. The card showcases the beauty of this flower with only a few colors set against a white background. I choose to use Black Baker’s Twine with Basic Black Ink since I love black and yellow together.
Paper Craft Crew Challenge
Eek! I love this weeks Clean and Simple Sketch! There is so many options. It is a very versatile sketch. Challenges, especially sketches, are a great way to help you grow with your stamping. A Sketch gives you a starting place… It is your map to creativity. Take a look at this weeks sketch and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks sketch, post it to your blogor on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Card Sketch #255 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Yep, Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- On the top Whisper White layer, I stamped the Yellow Tulip with Daffodil Delight and the leaves are Wild Wasabi.
- The image was punched out using the 2″ Circle Punch.
- The background Daffodil Delight layer features the Starburst Punch.
- The Sentiment is stamped with Basic Black on Whisper White. The Stamp Set used for the sentiment is Special Celebrations.
- Behind the focal point, I added to strips of Washi Tape using the Basic Pack 2.
- Black Baker’s Twine adds contrast and helps lead your eye to the Tulip.
- I added an oval corrugated element.
- Finally, I added a bow using the Black Baker’s Twine.
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code:
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!