The summer wedding season is quickly approaching and today I have a Colorful Seasons Wedding Card. Yes, it’s Wednesday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge! Check out this weeks Tic Tac Toe Challenge along with the Design Team submissions and play with us over at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 @ 1:30 PM EST.
Colorful Seasons Wedding Card
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #245
Did you check out the fun Tic Tac Toe Challenge over at the Paper Craft Crew blog? What do you think? It’s a fun challenge with so many options. I had a hard time choosing which Tic Tac Toe I wanted to tackle. Since I’m attending my cousins wedding in two weeks, I was able to narrow my choices down.
Today’s card features a new, favorite stamp set called Colorful Seasons along with the Floral Phrases Stamp Set. The floral theme is tied in by using the Detailed Floral Thinlits also paired with the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set. Then I used the gorgeous, new 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon. The finishing touch is the Rhinestones for some shiny bling. And, there you have it, my diagonal Tic Tac Toe!
The Tic Tac Toe Challenge is so much fun with a wide variety of options. You truly can’t go wrong creating a card using a Tic Tac Toe with at least options challenging you to use various themes or elements on your card.
So, here is this weeks challenge with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, kickstart your creative juices today by playing along. Have fun, choose your line of attack and start with your favorite products. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks challenge and post to the blog!
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- Thick Whisper white is my go-to for almost all my card bases!
- I used the Detailed Floral Thinlits on Night of Navy Cardstock for the delicate floral background layered on Whisper White Cardstock. The bottom portion features a 1 1/2″ by 4 1/16″ strip embossed using the Petal Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- The 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon used on the card is Powder Pink and actually hides the seam where the Detail Florals cutout is laid along the edge next to the Petal Burst TIEF strip of cardstock.
- I used the Wedding Wishes Sentiment from the Floral Phrases Stamp Set stamped with Night of Navy Classic Ink. The sentiment is die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and layered with the Powder Pink Scallop Oval from the Layering Ovals Framelits.
- Flowers add the perfect delicate touch to the sentiment. Here I use Powder Pink and the flowers from the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set with the centers stamped using Smoky Slate. The coordinating Seasonal Layers Thinlits are used to die cut the flowers. Are you familiar with the “Rule of Thirds?” I live by this rule and, therefore, I’ve used it here to create balance by placing three flowers layered along the edge of the oval next to the sentiment.
- Finishing touches pull the final look together. They are crucial to the overall balance and pizzazz. Today’s wedding card features the pretty, Powder Pink ribbon bow along with three Rhinestones placed in the center of each flower.
- The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
Join my Product Shares TODAY!
- I’m currently taking reservations for the various Product Shares that I’m offering. For details, click on the photo below!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!