This Little Piggy Stamp Set is one of my absolute favorites from the NEW 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Catalog. The piggies are just so adorable and it is a fun set to use. I had to use This Little Piggy for today’s sketch challenge over at the Paper Craft Crew! I invite you to check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 @ 1:30 PM EST.
This Little Piggy Sneak Peek
Paper Craft Crew Challenge #241
Oink! Oink! I’m having fun playing with This Little Piggy Stamp Set. At the Stampin’ Up! OnStage-Richmond event, the last all-attendee prize was this fun and adorable stamp set. There are four little piggies. The piggy with wings called out to me begging to be played with for this weeks challenge.
But, wait… There is more! I also had to play with some other new goodies that I was able to get early as part of the premier purchase period. The Premier Purchase period is an additional award for attending a Stampin’ Up! event that allows Stampin’ Up! demonstrators to purchase select product almost one month before a new catalog pre-order period begins. In this case, I’ve also used the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack and the Lovely Words Thinlits.
In just a few weeks, the NEW 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Catalog will start going out to customers. I would LOVE to send you a new catalog. If you would like to reserve a catalog from me, please comment or contact me through my blog.
So, to help you get started creating a card, here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. I love using sketches and challenges when I’m experiencing a mental creative block. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Sketches are a great way to map out your creativity.
I invite you to check out the challenge by visiting the Paper Craft Crew, then create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog! It isn’t hard and can certainly be lots of fun. Don’t worry if you don’t have a blog, you can still share your creation with the Paper Craft Crew through various Social Media outlets. InLinkz will walk you through the process of posting your project.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- There are “just” a few new products used on this sweet piggy card. This Little Piggy Stamp Set is the main focal point featuring the flying pig which is colored using the Melon Mambo Watercolor Pencil along with hints of Powder Pink Classic Ink blended towards the center. The wings are colored using Basic Grey with a bit of Clear Wink of Stella added. Of course, piggy wings need to sparkle! I used the Layering Circles Framelits to die cut the circle.
- The die cut “friend” is cut using the Lovely Words Thinlits. The word is cut out of the shape and layered three times before I used VersaMark with Clear Embossing Powder. The sentiment is layered to a Smokey Slate banner which is attached to the circle.
- FOUR WORDS… Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock! Yes, you read that correctly. Stampin’ Up! has added THICK Very Vanilla cardstock to their offering of the Thick Whisper White. And, I’m head over heals in LOVE. The Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock is amazing and certain to be used often.
- Designer Series Paper is a great way to add depth and interest to a card quickly. The Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack is another fun, new product. In a stack, there are 48 sheets featuring 4 each of 12 double-sided designs. This was another product I received as a display stamper and could be ordered during the Premier Purchase. Truly a MUST have item as soon as you can order on June 1, 2017!
- Additional details include the Early Espresso layer embossed using the Hexagons 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Then, as a finishing touch, I added the silver Metallic Enamel Shapes.
- The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- Shop Now! To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code:
- Project Supply List! Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
- Join Today! Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount? Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all! The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle. Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW! I’m here for you to help you get started! To learn more, contact me today or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!