Welcome to the February RemARKably Creative Blog Hop! Remember to check out the blog hop on the 3rd Sunday of each month starting at 8 PM EST. Each month we feature a different theme. This months theme is Succulent Garden Suite or Flowers! So, welcome to the February 2017 RemARKably Creative Blog Hop!
RemARKably Creative Blog Hop
I’m excited to share some fun projects featuring flowers and especially the Sale-A-Bration Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper. In early November, I had the amazing opportunity to do a presentation at OnStage Local. If you are not familiar with Stampin’ Up!, OnStage is a bi-annual event held in the Spring and Fall where Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators gather for an opportunity to learn, socialize and get an EARLY sneak peek of the upcoming Occasions or Annual Catalog. As part of the demonstration, I received product early so I could create samples to showcase the various products that were the key focus on the presentation.
Project #1 – Inside the Lines Dragonfly
This is one of my absolute favorite cards! The colors are so vibrant and I had so much fun coloring the Sale-A-Bration Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper with the Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils. The flowers were especially fun to color.
- Thick Whisper White Card base.
- Base layer is Basic Black to create a dark contrast against the bright colors
- The SAB Inside the Lines DSP is layered on Whisper White then attached to the Basic Black base layer.
- I used the Melon Mambo, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils. I pressed fairly hard in the darker areas then used a blender pen to draw the color out to the edges where I didn’t color.
- I used the Melon Mambo Thick Baker’s twine wrapped around the card layer three times.
- The Dragonfly is die cut from Melon Mambo cardstock using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.
- I stamped the sentiment with Melon Mambo then the outline with Basic Black using the Banners for You Stamp Set and die cut the banner with the Bunch of Banners Framelits.
- Rhinestone Jewels are the finishing touch added to the card along the body of the Dragonfly then accents on the upper right corner of the card.
Project #2 – Framed Joy
I enjoy making unique gifts and this is another project I made for OnStage featuring the Sale-A-Bration Inside the Lines along with the Dragonfly Dreams. The flowers on this project create a beautiful backdrop for the Dragonflies to enjoy. This is another favorite project and coloring the SAB Inside the Lines was very relaxing.
- The background is a 9″ x 9″ sheet of the SAB Inside the Lines colored with the Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils. The colors were then blended using a blender pen. The actual opening of the mat is 8″ x 8″
- I did color the Dragonfly on the Inside the Lines with Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight.
- For the Dual Banner, I used the Banner Triple Punch on the Rich Razzleberry layer of Cardstock as an underlay to the Whisper White layer.
- The Joy is die cut using the Large Letters Framelits. If you WANT these letters, BUY them NOW as a bundle with the coordinating stamp set during Sale-A-Bration.
- Over the Joy, I added a sentiment from the Dragonfly Dreams Stamp Set heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder on Vellum.
- For the Dragonflies, I used Bermuda Bay cardstock with a vellum overlay die cut with the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. Behind each cluster of dragonflies is Silver Metallic Thread.
- The finishing touch is the addition of Rhinestone Jewels on the body of each dragonfly.
To continue with the next blog on the RemARKably Creative Blog Tour, visit Janet Wakeland! I’m certain you’ll enjoy the projects she has to share with you! To view her blog, you can click on her name or on the Button.