It’s a Sealed with Love Note Card kind of day as today’s blog post comes to you as I’m writing this from the Chicago Midway Airport on Valentine’s Day. I’m on the final leg of my flight to Minneapolis. I’ve mentioned in a few previous posts that my Mom was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer. Her surgery is scheduled for Thursday and I’m on my way to provide support for both my parents. I want all my customers know that I appreciate and love the support that they’ve given me. I could really use your support this month with a Stampin’ Up! Order or, better yet, join my TEAM – During Sale-A-Bration it is the perfect time to get the Starter Kit for ONLY $99.00, select $125.00 in product AND select 2 additional stamp sets of ANY value for FREE. You would be joining a great group of people and my wonderful team. Click HERE to join today (and make certain you order the Watercolor Pencils!)
It is Wednesday so, of course… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Challenge and this week it is a Sketch! Come on over and check out this weeks sketch and the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 @ 1:30 PM EST.
Sealed with Love Note Card
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #231
Did you know that Stampin’ Up! offers these really great pre-cut Note Cards WITH Envelopes found on page 176 of the Annual Catalog? They really are great and I like to horde them. Today’s project features these great little note cards. The notecards measure 5″x3-1/2″ and you can still mail them through the postal service.
This card is a culmination of some fun I was having with the NEW Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils. I was playing with the Watercolor Pencils for an upcoming Watercolor Pencil Class (originally scheduled for February and is now being rescheduled for MARCH so anyone who wants to come to Smithfield, NC can register!). I really love the Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils and how nice they are to use. The Watercolor Pencils are CURRENTLY AVAILABLE but ONLY for a limited time. Again, they are so popular that Stampin’ Up! is running out of inventory faster than expected and they could go back to being unavailable. I really want YOU to get them. Order today using my LINK with Hostess Code: GMH9HEM9
Stamping Tips, Tricks and How-To from SunnyGirlScraps:
- Don’t be afraid to try a different card size. While it may seem challenging, it is just a matter of perspective. The smaller Notecard was lots of fun and came together quickly which is exactly what I needed while getting ready to travel.
- The top layer is Watercolor Paper and cut at 4-3/4″ x 3-1/4″.
- To create the Watercolor Background, I applied SALT water to the watercolor paper then I used a paint brush dipped in the water and picked the color up off the tip of the watercolor pencil then dabbed the paint brush into the salt water on the card front allowing it to dilute and spread. I used Real Red and Bermuda Bay then let the colors spread as well as blend a little.
- Next, I used a Heat Gun to help dry the watercolor as well as “push” the water out towards the edges. Before the paper was completed dry, I took the wet watercolor brush and “flicked” color from the watercolor pencil onto the watercolor paper to create the specks of color.
- The side strip is the Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack measuring 1/2″ x 4-3/4.”
- I stamped the hearts with Real Red on Pool Party Cardstock then used the Love Notes Framelits to cut out the hearts.
- The arrow is die cut using the Love Notes Framelits with Basic Black cardstock.
- Using Real Red cardstock, I die cut the circle with the Stitched framelits.
- The Whisper White Scallop Circle is die cut using the Layering Circle Framelits.
- I added the flower using Pool Party cardstock die cut with the Flourish Thinlits.
- Tucked behind the hearts is a torn piece of the Paper Doilies
- The finishing touch is the banner stamped with “teeny tiny note” from the Sealed with Love Stamp Set.
While this card was used as a Valentine and given to my sons teacher, it could also be used for a non-Valentine Card even with the colors used. The Sealed with Love Stamp Set is lots of fun and versatile. There is so much potential for this stamp set. I think it would be an awesome stamp set for a LipSense Consultant.
Here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
Join the Sunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!