I’m sharing a clean and simple Sunshine Sayings card with you today that I’ve created for the newest SUO! Challenge which starts today. The theme for the new challenge is “All Kinds of Weather.” The SUOC Design Team invites you to come play along as this challenge starts today and ends on Friday, September 23rd at 6:00 AM EST.
Clean and Simple Sunshine Sayings Card
SUO! Challenge #157
I’m really a “springtime” girl but I also love Fall. Living in North Carolina, we really don’t see Fall like weather until late October and sometimes not until mid-November. I look forward to the cool, crisp nights. In the meantime, we are still in the upper 80’s and mid-90’s. I am ready for the cooler weather!
This SUO! Challenge featuring All Kinds of Weather is going to be so much fun. You could choose to showcase leaves changing colors, an Umbrella or some sunshine. I choose to showcase some sunshine.
If you haven’t guessed already, the “Sun” is a key focal point of my blog. In High School, my nickname was “Sunny” then while I was diagnosed with cancer the 2nd time in 2009 the nickname “Sunny” resurfaced with a whole new group of friends. Everyone was so impressed with my “Sunny” disposition through the cancer treatments and trials. It was at this time that my blog, Sunny Girl Scraps, was born and created.
Now, for the All Kinds of Weather challenge I choose to create a Clean and Simple Sunshine Sayings card. I kept the color scheme simple by using Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, and Basic Black. The card came together exactly as I pictured.
Tips, Tricks and Techniques with Sunny Girl Scraps:
- The sun in the background is from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set but you’ll notice that I only stamped 1/2 the sun. For this card, I used post-it notes on the stamp to cover up part of the sun while I inked up the other 1/2 of the sun with the Crushed Curry. Next, the post-it notes were removed and I stamped the sun on the Whisper White card front.
- Using the Stampin’ Spritzer, I actually unscrewed the cover and tapped the edge of the sprayer tube against my hand to create the splatters on the card front. While I love the Stampin’ Spritzer, I didn’t want a fine mist sprayed on the card and when I want splatters tapping the spritzer sprayer tube works great!
- Cut out the Sunshine using the coordinating Sunshine Wishes Thinlits and attach using the Fine-Tip glue. Don’t forget to attach the little dot for the letter “i”!
- Stamp the coordinating sentiment you want from the Sunshine Sayings Stamp Set and create a banner.
- Finally, add your finishing embellishments. Three small Crushed Curry enamel heart shapes from the Regal Enamel Shapes packet were perfect for this card. I placed two hearts just above and to the left of the sun and one in the bottom right corner.
Play along with SUO! Challenges!
Don’t forget to visit the SUO! Challenges Blog to check out the creations from the other Design Team members!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!