Who doesn’t love Black and White with a Pop of Color? Well, you are in luck! Guess what! It is time for another challenge from Stampin’ Up! Only Challenges. The new challenge is lots of fun featuring a Black and White with a Pop of Color theme. So, come play along and create a project using Black and White with a Pop of Color. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, July 29th at 6:00 AM EST.
Black & White with a Pop of Color
Black and White is such a classy, elegant design that shines when paired with a Pop of Color. Today, I carried forward the theme from yesterdays blog post featuring the Badges and Banners Bundle while tying in the Black and White with a Pop of Color for the current SUO Challenge theme.
Badges & Banners Pop of Color Card
This simple card packs a punch! Yes, I used the Best Badge Punch and then there is the Pop of Color. Combined, as I mentioned, the card makes a statement that showcases the Pop of Color on the card.
In the background, the Black and White sets the tone for the card. Meanwhile, the Real Red draws in your eye as the Pop of Color demanding your attention. I also love the texture created by using two different prints with the contrast of the Black and White from the Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper to the Real Red from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack.
Now, lets get started with how to recreate this card!
Badges & Banners Pop of Color Card Recipe:
- First, set the tone by creating a backdrop that highlights the top layer of the card by dry embossing the bottom card layer with the Lucky Stars Textured Embossing Folder.
- Cut the top layer to 4 1/4″ x 3″ and glue the Black and White Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper to the Whisper White. The Black and White Designer Series Paper measures 3 1/4″ x 3″.
- Next, create a Real Red Polka Dot banner using the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack and the Banner Triple Punch then attach using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using Real Red Classic Ink, stamp the badge using the Badges & Banners Stamp Set then punch out the badge with the Best Badge Punch.
- Continuing with the Black and White theme, I used Snail Adhesive on the back of the badge and added Black Metallic Thread then attached the badge to the banner.
- Finally, attach the top layer with the badge to the embossed bottom layer then attache the card front to the Whisper White card base.
Play along with SUO! Challenges
Don’t forget to visit the SUO! Challenges Blog to check out the creations from the other Design Team members! Now, join the fun and go create a Black and White card with a Pop of Color. As always, the design team looks forward to seeing your card or project using Stampin’ Up! products as inspired by the current theme.
I invite you to pin any of my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!