I’ve been playing some more with new products and I’ve fallen in love with the Accented Blooms Stamp Set especially paired with the Cake Soiree in today’s card that I created for The Card Concept Challenge. The current challenge for The Card Concept features a floral centerpiece. I was inspired to create a center focal point using the flowers from the Cake Soiree Stamp Set layered behind the Accented Blooms sentiment.
You are invited to check out the challenge over on The Card Concept Challenge blog. The challenge starts today and ends on Monday, May 28th at 12:00 PM EST. Click here to visit the blog and to check out the amazing samples by the other design team members.
Floral Centerpiece with Accented Blooms & Cake Soiree
The Card Concept Challenge #93
I had the concept for this card in my head after I recently used the Cake Soiree in one of my classes. That card was much simpler but definitely helped me find the starting point for this card. If you saw my Facebook Live on Monday, you also saw me creating this card. I’m really having fun doing Facebook Live and plan to expand the Facebook Lives from only Monday’s at 2 PM EST to a second Facebook Live in the evenings but I’m trying to decide which day of the week works the best for my schedule. I’m leaning towards Thursday evenings but now I’ll have one conflict a month.
If you missed the Facebook Live on Monday, here it is for your viewing pleasure:
The Card Concept Challenge #93
I absolutely love the uniqueness of The Card Concept Challenges. Every two weeks, a new photo with a theme is posted. The challenge is to post a card inspired by the photo and theme. My card features a cluster of flowers with the sentiment centered on the top 1/3rd of the card overlapping the flowers. The colors are also inspired by the photo.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Inspirational Photo for The Card Concept Challenge #93. For additional inspiration, go visit the blog and check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- As usual… Thick Whisper White is my go-to card base!
- The base layer is Whisper White.
- Using Flirty Flamingo Classic Ink, Pineapple Punch Classic Ink and Gorgeous Grape Classic Ink, stamp approximately 3 to 4 flowers in each color using the Cake Soiree Stamp Set.
- Stamp approx. 10 leaves using Granny Apple Green Classic Ink with the leaf from the Cake Soiree Stamp Set.
- Using Flirty Flamingo, stamp the “Thank You” sentiment from the Accented Blooms Stamp Set.
- Die cut the flowers and leaves using the Sweet Cake Framelits Dies.
- Layout the flowers on your card front then start attaching using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add the die cut leaves.
- Using the Tailored Tag Punch, punch out the sentiment.
- Add Snail Adhesive to the back of the sentiment and add Silver Metallic Thread.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card front by overlapping the flowers.
- Finish the Card by adding your accent pieces. I’ve adhered three Glitter Enamel Dots. Note… The Glitter Enamel Dots retire from the 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Catalog on May 31, 2018.
- Pin it! The photo below showcases key products for today’s card that you can save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL my labeled product photos in one spot on my “Stamp It Today Tips” board on Pinterest.
- Order 24/7… Place your order now! Click HERE!
- Purchase products shared today by clicking on the items below or by visiting my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store.
- Don’t forget, if ordering less than $150.00 then use the monthly Hostess Code: 4VDUF63D
Project Supply List!
Reserve your Spot for my Paper Share!
- For details, visit my blog post! CLICK HERE!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!