My creative MOJO is back and I’m sharing a Shabby Chic card using the Country Home Stamp Set for The Card Concept 100th challenge! It has been a wild ride the last month. Our Golden Retriever, Cooper, passed away unexpectedly from a suspected Hemangiosarcoma which ruptured in the spleen. Then there was Hurricane Florence and Hurricane Michael.
There has been so much emotion pulsing through me that I’ve had a hard time blogging this past month. I haven’t wanted to blog. Trying to create something has been even worse! My mojo completely disappeared. The worst part? Is being excited about presenting at the next OnStage Live for the 30th Anniversary of Stampin’ Up! The products I’ve received are awesome. Yet, I’ve been struggling with my creativity, feelings of loss, and trying to figure out the insurance claim process.
Now, come play along with The Card Concept Challenge. For additional inspiration, click HERE to see what the other Design Team members created. And, since this is the 100th Challenge, each Design Team member asked someone to be a guest designer. I asked Brynn Thornbough to be my guest designer and I love the card she created.
A Country Home Shabby Chic Card
Country Home Stamp Set
Today’s card has me excited to share it with you. Hopefully, you are inspired! I DO have one plea… IF I have ever inspired you or you’ve given a thought to placing a Stampin’ Up! order, would you please consider placing an order with me? Better yet, join my growing team of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators and enjoy the perks of being part of the Sunny Craftin’ Crew.
There are so many ways that this Country Home Shabby Chic card makes me happy. I love the wood texture against a Petal Pink layer along with a coordinating banner. Then there is the Very Vanilla, the antique feel of the pitcher and the floral arrangement colored with Stampin’ Blends.
SunnyGirlScraps Stampin’ Tips & More:
- The card base is Thick Very Vanilla!
- I’ve attached a 3 3/4″ x 5″ piece of Wood Textures DSP to the Petal Pink Base Layer measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Next, I trimmed the Chicken Wire elements to fit the desired space on the card front.
- Stamped the banner with Petal Pink on Petal Pink Cardstock with the Birthday Banners Stamp Set.
- The banner is die cut with the Banner Framelits then adhered to the card front where the Stampin’ Dimensionals help to hold the Chicken Wire Elements in place.
- The pitcher and flowers from the Country Home Stamp Set are stamped on Very Vanilla Cardstock with Memento then colored with Stampin’ Blends.
- Fussy cut both the pitcher and the flowers.
- Die Cut a Stitched Circle and overlap the attached banner then adhere the pitcher and flowers with Stampin’ Dimenstionals.
- Stamp the sentiment on Very Vanilla then use the Triple Banner Punch to trim the ends.
The Card Concept Challenge
Over at The Card Concept Challenge Blog, we are celebrating our 100th challenge with each design team member inviting a Guest Designer to help us out! The theme is awesome. I went in a completely different direction opting not to focus on the pumpkins and instead I focused on the florals, colors and Shabby Chic feel. I encourage you to play along this week. Challenges are a fun way to help get your creative juices flowing. I hope you enjoy my card using the Country Home Stamp Set with the Shabby Chic feel.
- Order 24/7… Place your order now! Click HERE!
- Purchase products shared today by clicking on the items below or by visiting my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store.
- Don’t forget, if ordering less than $150.00 then use the monthly Hostess Code:
- Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount?
- Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all!
- The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle.
- Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW!
- I’m here to help you get started!
- And, for that reason, contact me today to learn more or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!