I created a fun, bright Thank You card featuring the Thank You Thinlits for the latest Paper Craft Crew Color Challenge. Notice that I haven’t done any stamping on this card! It wasn’t until I had finished the card that I realized that the major portion of the card was all Die Cuts. I’m very much in love with this beautiful, bright, and cheerful Thank You Card.
To play along with the Paper Craft Crew Challenge, click HERE! You’ll also find additional inspiration from the design team. The Challenge ends on Tuesday, July 24, 2018, at 1:00 PM EST.
Thank You Card
Thank You Thinlits
Today’s card is just so fun. It is cheerful and bright as it features Stampin’ Up! In Colors such as Pineapple Punch, Lovely Lipstick, and Lemon Lime Twist. I find myself smiling when I look at this colorful Thank You Card. If you haven’t purchased the Thank You Thinlit yet, then you NEED to buy it NOW!
In fact… I give you permission to go buy the Thank You Thinlit now. Yes, go ahead and click on the shopping cart and buy it today. This is a purchase you’ll not regret.
Life at the Lake continues…
Here is a quick update! Caleb and I are getting close to the end of our days at the lake for this year. It’s had some ups and downs. Yesterday was definitely one of the better days. We took Caleb fishing on the boat. He has been wanting to do it since we arrived but the time, up until now, hasn’t been right.
First, the anchor rope broke! Then, we couldn’t find the key to remove the padlock on the automatic anchor control “thingy.” And, of course, there have been a lot of behavioral issues with Caleb that needed to be sorted out before we could safely take him fishing. The weather has also played a factor.
Last year, Caleb didn’t last much longer than 5 to 10 minutes at the most fishing. So, Grandpa and I were pleasantly surprised today. We were on the water fishing for at least an hour. Yes, Caleb had a few “kid” moments but, overall, was very good. If you have a child with special needs especially ADHD, SPD or Autism, you may understand my apprehension.
We did NOT catch any fish!
In fact, we didn’t have ONE bite until we were ready to “pack” up for the afternoon and that is when Caleb got the ONLY “nibble” of the day. Caleb was fishing with a bobber and it definitely went under or bobbed under the surface a few times but the fish just wouldn’t take the hook.
The whole time… Caleb was holding the fishing rod and taking instruction from Grandpa. Caleb desperately wanted to reel in the fish but he listened to Grandpa and would only do one slow turn, then pause for a couple of minutes before taking another turn on the reel.
Today, we are taking him fishing to the first place his cousins ever went fishing and caught fish. Wish us LUCK! Caleb told me he wants to catch a BIG fish.
SunnyGirlScraps Stampin’ Tips & More:
- I love to use the Thick Whisper White for my card base! Fold an 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ sheet in half.
- Then I’ve added a base layer of Pineapple Punch Cardstock cut to 5-1/4″ x 4.”
- Also, I cut a sheet of the Pineapple Punch In Color 6×6 Designer Series Paper to measure 5″ x 3-3/4″ which is then adhered to the base layer with Multipurpose Glue.
- I’ve cut a rectangle using the Stitched Shape Framelit Dies. Since we do not have a rectangular die, you’ll want to use the Square Stitched Shape Framelits but do NOT cut all the way. You’ll run the Square Die through the big shot but with one edge hanging over the edge, not between the acrylic plates. Then, line up the same square on the stitched edge in about 3 “stitches” and do the same process making certain not to cut through the end square piece.
- Die Cut the “Thank You” from Lovely Lipstick Cardstock using the Thank You Thinlits.
- Using the Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock, die cut three tropical leaves using the Tropical Thinlits.
- Adhere the tropical leaves to the backside of the Stitched Rectangle.
- I also added Silver Metallic Thread to the back of the Stitched Rectangle.
- Using thinly cut strips of the Stampin’ Dimensionals, you will then adhere the “thank you” to the Stitched Rectangle.
- Adhere the Stitched Rectangle to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals then attach the card layer to the card base with more Stampin’ Dimensionals. NOTE… My philosophy is that you can never use enough Stampin’ Dimensionals (well, to a point!).
- Finally, add Basic Rhinestones to finish the card.
This week I’m sharing a color challenge. You are invited to play along for the Paper Craft Crew PCC299 Color Challenge. Challenges are a fun way to help get your creative juices flowing.
The challenge is open to anyone and your project does not have to use Stampin’ Up! products. Just create a project inspired by the 3 of the 4 colors, then post to your blog or your social media venue of choice. You can also use neutrals. Once posted, add the link to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
To help you find additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. Again, I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
- Order 24/7… Place your order now! Click HERE!
- Purchase products shared today by clicking on the items below or by visiting my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store.
- Don’t forget, if ordering less than $150.00 then use the monthly Hostess Code: NCQ4PDFT
Project Supply List
- Click on the products below to shop online specifically for that item.
Join Stampin’ Up! Today
- Love Paper Crafting? Getting a discount?
- Joining the Sunny Craftin’ Crew and Stampin’ Up! is the BEST DEAL of all!
- The Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Bundle.
- Interested in starting a business or are you a Hobby Stamper? There’s no risk! Do it for FUN! Do it for YOU! Hobby Stampers are always welcome to join the CREW!
- I’m here to help you get started!
- And, for that reason, contact me today to learn more or click on the Join My Team to get started.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!