I’m still in full Christmas Card mode and am currently enjoying the Merry Cafe Stamp Set especially with this weeks Paper Craft Crew Sketch! I’ve thrown together this Merry Cafe Christmas Card for this weeks Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge! Come on over and check out the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 @ 1:00 PM EST.
Merry Cafe Christmas Card
Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge #272
This is Caleb’s last week of school for 2017! I can’t believe Winter break is only a few days away and next week will be all about entertaining him. Please pray that he isn’t getting sick! Tonight after dance class, I noticed that he seemed to be sniffling and then started sneezing followed shortly by him commenting that “I don’t feel good!” NOT what I wanted to hear. Thursday is his mainstream class Holiday Party and he has a speaking part. On Friday, he has his Exceptional Children’s Christmas Party. THEN… On Saturday, he has a birthday party that he is looking forward to attending at a bounce house. I’m truly praying he isn’t getting sick.
Between Dance Class and meeting a friend for lunch today, it took longer than usual to complete today’s card. Once I finally found time to sit down, the card came together very quickly. I love this weeks sketch and I’ve been planning this card since creating the sketch this past summer. So, enjoy!
One final note… Thursday, December 14th is the LAST day to place a Stampin’ Up! order and receive it by Christmas using standard shipping! If you NEED or are looking for ANY Christmas Ideas, please think about ordering from me! I can also help your family shop for YOU! Just email me your wish list with the contact information for a family member then I will contact them and talk to them about your wish list items.
Wood Textures paired with Merry Cafe
I truly love the Wood Textures designer Series Paper! This weeks sketch features a “grunge” or some type of background. The Wood Textures was perfect for the base layer of this card layered against a Basic Black layer. I’ve also used Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper. This Christmas Card actually showcases two non-Christmas themed Designer Series Paper along with the Merry Cafe Stamp Set. Additional embellishments are created using the Pretty Pines Thinlits and accented with Gold Metallic Thread along with the Mini Sequin Trim.
Eek! I love this weeks Sketch! There is so many options. A very versatile sketch. Challenges, especially sketches, are a great way to help you grow with your stamping. A Sketch gives you a starting place… It is your map to creativity. Take a look at this weeks sketch and let your creativity loose! Join the challenge. Make a project inspired by this weeks sketch, post it to your blogor on any of your social media venues then add it to our InLinkz link provided on the Paper Craft Crew Challenge blog.
Now that I’ve built up the excitement, here is this weeks Card Sketch #247 with the Paper Craft Crew. For additional inspiration, go visit the Paper Craft Crew blog. Check out the Design Team Samples. I challenge you to create a card, scrapbook page or 3D project inspired by this weeks challenge.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
- The card base uses Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock!
- A Basic Black layered with Wood Textures Designer Series Paper sets the tone for the base layer.
- I’ve also added a small piece of Painted Autumn Designs Series Paper.
- The coffee cup is stamped using the Merry Cafe Stamp Set then die cut with the Coffee Cups Framelits.
- The Sentiment is stamped on Soft Suede card stock and heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Embellishments include Pine Boughs die cut using the Pretty Pines Thinlits and layered behind the coffee cup. Colors used are Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler.
- Additional accents include Gold Metallic Thread and gold Mini Sequin Trim.
- Behind the coffee cup is also a Crumb Cake banner.
- Finally, I’ve added black rhinestones as the finishing touch..
- To purchase products used today, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used. Don’t forget, if your order is less than $150.00 then make certain to use the monthly Hostess Code: 7RYEB37J
- Project Supply List! Click on the products below to shop on-line specifically for that item.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!